Plugin: RARFileSource (A rar filter) (1 Viewer)

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi,

Info:
Wiki: RAR File Container - MediaPortal Wiki

On the web there are plenty videos packed/stored with the rar file compressor (7-Zip, winrar etc.) Those kind of "video files" can also be played directly with MediaPortal.
To play the rar files seemless in MediaPortal, it needs a so called DirectShow filter. RARFileSource is such a filter and have to be used for our purpose.

Limitations:
The video file within the rar file MUST be stored NOT compressed (most videos are just) stored)
Not all video formats are supported by the filter (example: iso/img)

OctaneSnail made a rarfilter for playing rar files, Marvman fixed a bug in and release a working DirectShowFilter. Found here: http://www.v12pwr.com/RARFileSource/

I've created a mpei to make it easier for end-users to use.
The mpei registers the filter and add's extension to supported files in mediaportal and then you can play rar files in mediaportal. Remember setup of MPTV'series /Moving Pictures..

Upon uninstallation it unregisters the filter and ask if you will remove the extension .rar from supported files in mediaportal. If you did use this BEFORE installing you should NOT remove it, that mean say no

How to:
Find the RARFileSource extension in Mediaportal extension Installer and follow on screen guide or here ( https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/codecs/rarfilesource )

Manually: RARFileSource (Team MediaPortal Version) - MEDIAPORTAL

Special Thanks:
OctaneSnail - original author
Marvman - for bugfixing
Inker for helping with scripting and offbyone for original scripts

Google code:
http://code.google.com/p/rarfilesource/

WinRAR-Logo.png

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Actually i'm not sure. It should pick up subtitles if filename is the same, questions is which filename...

Try it out yourself and tell us :)

(However i know for sure you can use MPHC and just add subtitles, but havn't tested with MP)

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is the file I patched, that large files are working on a 64 bit system. (Request by Sebastiii)

Remember the MP Version of this filter is based on the 0.9.1 zipped source code on OctaneSnail's home page, not on the GIT repository.

Attachments

• RFS.rar
      6 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Marvman,

I didn't succeed to compil, again request please can you upload a whole zipped version to see what did you set for related source (stream.h .lib etc.)
    Thank you :)
    Seb.

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Marvman,

I didn't succeed to compil, again request please can you upload a whole zipped version to see what did you set for related source (stream.h .lib etc.)
    Thank you :)
    Seb.

He He. I was struggling too to compile his sources.

I can pack my workspace for you, but I remember that I needed some SDK from Microsoft, because I hadn't all header files.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Cool thank you :)

Yep no problem with sdk, i also compil directshow mp filter, but for this one no luck :) lol
    Cheers,
    Seb

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom