Plugin to copy media from removable drive? (1 Viewer)

fitzy75

Portal Member
January 20, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello

This is not so much a support request so I have removed the system details from the post. It's more a question of 'is there a plugin that does this?' kind of thing. I'm running MP 1.2.0. I hope this is the right forum to post in, the plugins forum appeared to be just a directory of plugins rather than regular forum threads.

I transfer a lot of media on USB removable storage as it is much faster than our powerline network and more convenient. I am wondering if there is some sort of GUI plugin available that gives the option of copying a file from removable media onto the hard drive? I've seen plugins that go the other way to copy TO the removable drive but this is of no use to me.

Does anyone know of a plugin that can do this, preferably that is controllable via the remote? I would have a stab at making one myself but the only coding I've ever done is VB6 and I'm sure times have moved on since then :D

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    I have been looking for something similar for a while - I raised a thread sbout it several months back and got no answers at all. :(

For me, it is not just for USB external drives, but to transfer from my recording HDD to either my TV Series HDD or Movies HDD.

Good to know it exists... I'm off to the plugins section :D

EDIT: Here is a link to the forum thread >> here<<

:D

M.

fitzy75

Portal Member
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks very much for the link and info, doesn't appear to support the Fidelity skin at the moment so hopefully this is something I can accomplish myself with a bit of direction on which files to change :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom