Plugin : UPNP Server (1 Viewer)

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi folks,

here are some new screenshots. I'm working right now on the server. I have already most part working. I kept the settings from the mpTinoMediaServer and added a plugin system. Right now I made following plugins:

-TV Server Webstreams
-Flickr
-N-Joy Podcast

Through the plugin there is no limitation... only thing maybe we are missing is a transcoding. Not a big deal....
Of couse you can share "normal" media as well. I use my vlc renderer to play ANY file...

See the screenshots and stay tuned...

Regards
kroko

Attachments

• general.jpeg
    general.jpeg
    152.7 KB
  • dirs.jpeg
    dirs.jpeg
    81.6 KB
  • plugins.jpeg
    plugins.jpeg
    84.7 KB

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi dqv69,

just to give an update. I have ported the UPNP server to be a TV server plugin. Now the server is runing as a service which is anyway better. So the server is accessable all the time.
I need maybe to change my "plugins" a bit or talk to the devs. My Plugins access the net so the service will wait until the network will be available. This will cause a delay on startup. It would be good to delay the new tv engine to go arround this problem.

Since then I did some testing. I made a virtual folder for lets say randomly playlist for my mp3s. Anytime you enter this folder another 100 or whatever mp3s will be there. Also I add some more debug functions.

Last week I spent some time working on the house of one of my relatives. So I was busy with other things. But as soon I will have time I will continue. There are some tester out there which will get a pre-version soon.

So far,
kroko

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can anybody tell for - what advantage this UPNP Server has? or in which kind of situation i need it?

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    well for me the server is not the main thing, but the client and the renderer are the things that really rock.... ;)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I used to use the mpTino UPnP server to stream music from MediaPortal to a webRadio (DNT IPdio), which acts as a UPnP client, over WLAN.
    mpTino wasn't a true service, but a Media Portal process plugin. It also took a long time to satrt because it built its own catalog instead of using the MediaPortal DB. This slowed down the startup of the Media Portal user interface (UI). The version kroko is working on should be a big improvement in these areas. If you search for UPNP in the Forum, you'll find more information about what you can do with it.

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, in fact there are a lot of Internet radios out there which can also access upnp server. Having my server running it will be possible to play my collection from the server in my kitchen. Price for this radio is about 100 Euro right now. Easy to install only u need wlan.

Also like rsbrux wrote I use a different project as the core. Its some kind of a modified Intel UPNP stack. I kept some part and ideas from the old projects.

In the mpTino UPnP server the directories have been scanned any time fot the ID3 tags. This is time consuming. Maybe I will use the databasee of the mp. On the other hand I do not use any "filewatcher". The directories to the client are built just in time. So maybe I will just scan that particular directory for ID3 tags.

So far
    kroko

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And what can you do with those? Please give some real world examples for the uninitiated :)

well, thats easy :)

I use it for example:

I have an iPhone with UPNP SW running on. So I access my UPNP server in the basement to chose a song that I would like to hear.
    And then (or before) I chose the rendering device I want to hear the music on, e.g. my noxon iRadio or Mediaportal or both....

Then the music is played on the respective client(s).

So actually using some kind of Software (UPNP Client) you can control all the Mediarenderers in the house from one single point.

of course you can also play the music (film/pictures) on the client itself, meaning here your PC or MP acting as UPNP client.

cheers

joystick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom