Plugin : UPNP Server (1 Viewer)

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
just to give an update. I have ported the UPNP server to be a TV server plugin. Now the server is runing as a service which is anyway better. So the server is accessable all the time.
I need maybe to change my "plugins" a bit or talk to the devs. My Plugins access the net so the service will wait until the network will be available. This will cause a delay on startup. It would be good to delay the new tv engine to go arround this problem.

Since then I did some testing. I made a virtual folder for lets say randomly playlist for my mp3s. Anytime you enter this folder another 100 or whatever mp3s will be there. Also I add some more debug functions.
This is fantastic news. I always thought that a uPNP plugin should be a tv server plugin rather than MP plugin because the tv server service is always running. Have you released this version?

Thanks.

kloges

Portal Member
April 5, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Do you think you can release it in the near future ? Will it also support Live TV streaming from the TV Server ? Would be nice to watch my DVB-C Programm on my PS3.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I cant wait for the renderer to be released :D. For me my version still is fine as a server, but I do miss a renderer.
And a reall controller like the Iphone example mentioned. If the renderer can also send orders to other upnp renderers that would be great :D

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi everybody,

just let you know I'm still working on the server. Rigth now I have implemented the MP database to get all media relevant information from there (if possible). It makes sence for me, because this server is mainly for the MP. So there is no need to scan the data myself. The database has already all that information.

I hope I can do a preview soon. But work is keeping me busy right now and holidays coming up. So do not expect a release to soon.

Regards
kroko

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi everybody,

just let you know I'm still working on the server. Rigth now I have implemented the MP database to get all media relevant information from there (if possible). It makes sence for me, because this server is mainly for the MP. So there is no need to scan the data myself. The database has already all that information.

I hope I can do a preview soon. But work is keeping me busy right now and holidays coming up. So do not expect a release to soon.

Regards
    kroko

Great news!
    :D for the update!

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan

Great to see this. Thanks for continuing work on it. I for one cant wait for its release ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom