Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks for your answer.

I don't know what your Configuration looks like, as you don't have provided any config.xml or something similar.

I've attached WOLPowerManager.xml.

Nevertheless I think you can get what you want by configuring basichome as an entry in the plugin-section.
    But as it seems you just want to generate a WOL-Command everytime you wake up from S3, you could easily sett this up with Windows Scheduler.

With basichome it works halfway: you have to enter a plugin and go back to basichome to start wol.

Since I'm using eventghost on my htpc I've added a macro there which wakes my nas on resume. This works the way I wanted it.

Attachments

• WOLPowerManager.xml
      1 KB

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your answer.

I don't know what your Configuration looks like, as you don't have provided any config.xml or something similar.

I've attached WOLPowerManager.xml.

Nevertheless I think you can get what you want by configuring basichome as an entry in the plugin-section.
    But as it seems you just want to generate a WOL-Command everytime you wake up from S3, you could easily sett this up with Windows Scheduler.

With basichome it works halfway: you have to enter a plugin and go back to basichome to start wol.

Since I'm using eventghost on my htpc I've added a macro there which wakes my nas on resume. This works the way I wanted it.

As I stated before, the plugin is not developed for this purpose. If there are issues with your Eventghost configuration, you could try the solution by windows scheduler i mentioned above. Hope this satisfies your needs ;)

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    As I stated before, the plugin is not developed for this purpose.

Just to clarify: The plugin wakes my nas only when starting mp or entering a predefined plugin in mp, but not when resuming mp from standby?

If there are issues with your Eventghost configuration, you could try the solution by windows scheduler i mentioned above. Hope this satisfies your needs ;)

As I said before Eventghost works great. In combination with your plugin all my needs are covered. :)

loadme

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey seppi2204,

on my local MP client, I use your WOL PM for quite a while now and feel really happy about it.

Recently, I added another client that is located in another LAN (remotely and connected with a VPN connection). Due to the two different networks with different adress ranges, names from computers can only be resolved within the same LAN.

I couldnt manage to enter my server adress in the tool, when the server located in the same network.

I already used the IP adress from the server, but it fails as well. (while a ping from the command window is possible).

Could you please allow me to directly enter the adress of my server, even though it cant be identified directly?

I cant tell if the magic packet can be send, but if a ping can be and if the remote sources all work in the explorer windows.. i figured you hopefully can make that change at your tool possible.

Cheers and thanks for anything so far,
    loadme

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi loadme,

I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to add a server with manual entries vor ip and subnet. Are you running the latest version?
    Have you tried the settings like this:
    screen_mmigstation_2012-11-11_ 001.png
    screen_mmigstation_2012-11-11_ 002.png

You could also enter the server host name and the ip-adress in your systems host file.

loadme

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey there,

I just double checked to make sure I dont talk crazy things ;)

On the remote client, when clicking on "add" I get the message:
    "Error: Host seems to be powered off or is not reachable... "

My range: 192.168.15.x
    the remote client: 192.168.16.x
    Both ranges can be used on each of the two LANs.

Maybe there is some limitation to the routing in the fritzbox when using VPN?
    Besides this error, I can open folders/files from the remote client on the server.

I didnt use the host file yet, because it only redirects the names to the ip adresses (?) and here it seems I cant even use the ip adress directly

Thanks for the quick answer

Last edited:

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm I'm no expert here.
    Don't know what wol-powermanager is doing when adding the server. Which actions via which ports and so on... Seppi will know...
    You could try an alternative wol-tool where you can set the mac-adress manually to see if the fritzbox is the problem.
    You could also try to tweak the WOLPowerManager.xml manually but maybe its time to wait for seppi to shed some light on this.

loadme

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes sure. Hopefully he can help out here.
    In the meantime I checked it with another tool (mc-wol.exe)
    There you need to use the mac adress and optionally the ip range if its in another network for the magic packet being send.
    It failed as well, but I really dont get it.. Ping just works fine and isnt so different?

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe you shoud seek some help in some forums for your router.Luckily I got help at ddwrt for mine back when I set it up for wol from the outside. There was some tweaking to do which was way over my paygrade :)
    As far as I know the ping is working via icmp which is a layer under tcp/udp which is used for wol. May you have to tell the fritzbox to transport udp 9 from one net to the other.... Again this is just guessing....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom