[Plugin] WOL-PowerManager (1 Viewer)

seppi2204

Portal Pro
December 8, 2010
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi loadme,
I've made the MAC-Adress field for you editable. I think this should solve your issue, right?
It would be great if you could report, if everything's working as expected.

Attachments

• WOLPowerManager0.5.0.6.mpe1
    223 KB

loadme

Portal Pro
January 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey Seppi,

thanks for the fast response!
I will let you know as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I figured out that by default Fritzbox won't support UPD 9 forwarding for various security reasons.
I contacted the support, and they told me, that there indeed is a solution available.

Within the fritzbox config you need to go to the network settings -> devices page and click on EDIT behind the device that you want to wake up on LAN.
On its details page you need to check the checkbox "enable wake up from the internet". It is said to also work with VPN connected networks.

I didnt knew that you need to manually activate computers for WOL support from the fritzbox. makes sense. This way you won't wake up any PC in S3 or S4 if someone broadcasts magic packets into the network.

loadme

Portal Pro
January 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
I now can easily add the server. I dont know if it really waits for a response when adding the server by MAC adress, but the server gets added instantly

In Mediaportal the server wakes up instantly on main screen (ID=1) although i set up, it shall only wake up @moving pictures.

when going into mpictures i have to wait for a server response and after 30sec.. "Error: SERVER could not been awakened"
the server itself however is awake.

i think what happens is:

WOL manager sends magic packet to the server.
server is in another LAN connected by VPN
the magic packet is send by UDP 9? and gets blocked by the fritz-box of the remote LAN
there I set up the rule that the server can be woken up via VPN&internet
but what happens.. i guess is that the magic packet still gets blocked and every network traffic that tries to get to the server is been translated to a magic packet from the fritzbox

I cant say that for sure, but its odd. now the server awakes but on the client side there is no response.

seppi2204

Portal Pro
December 8, 2010
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Have you tried to change the UDP Port in WOL-PowerManager? [Config->Advanced->Port]
Just try to enter here your opened VPN Port.

Nevertheless... if UDP Port 9 has been blocked by the fritz-box and you didn't change the default setting of WOL-PowerManager. I can't imagine that the wakeup has been caused by the plugin. Maybe it was just a accident?

ramyad

Portal Pro
November 21, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
hello

I have setup and configured this plugin to start my NAS when I go in the MP-TV Series. What happens is that a message popups "waiting for response from server..." and it sits their waiting for the wakeup.

I don't like this because I have some series on the local HTPC and some on the NAS. I would like the menu to run the WOL in the background and go straight into my TV series without the popup dialog box appearing and waiting. How can I set this so it runs quietly in the background please?

Thanks.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't know what is the best way to accomplish this but your could use this as a workaround:
    Set the timeout to 1 second:
    screen_mmigstation_2012-12-09_ 001.png

Don't use 0 as it will disable the timeout I guess.
    You will see some screen notifications with 1 second set but the server will be woken.

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes this also would have been my first idea. But you probably get a timout error. But just give it a try and report ...

ramyad

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks, this worked but the error message does pop up and could disturb the other half. I will have to try and explain it.

Please could you put a checkbox in the config to disable the popup messages?

Thanks.

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ramyad,
    I compiled for you a version of the current revision. I just commented the Dialog calls, which should do what you wanted.

I will not make this adjustable for now as i don't see much people having interest in this. If you like to, you could add a feature request into the bugtracker in code.google.com If this feature is starred often I will implement this.

Attachments

• WOLPowerManager.zip
      140.2 KB

ramyad

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi ramyad,
    I compiled for you a version of the current revision. I just commented the Dialog calls, which should do what you wanted.

I will not make this adjustable for now as i don't see much people having interest in this. If you like to, you could add a feature request into the bugtracker in code.google.com If this feature is starred often I will implement this.

Thank you very much, that is very kind of you. I will install this and let you know if it works for me.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom