Plus7 - Catch Up TV Australia

Discussion in 'OnlineVideos' started by kcoo03, June 10, 2011.

1. kcoo03

kcoo03 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hi all,

I've been working on a stream for Plus 7 - Channel 7's catch up TV in Australia. I created the XML from the Site Creator and it seems to look OK, I can get videos to play when hitting the Play button in the VideoURL tab. However I'm now looking to test further in the system and, maybe I haven't looked hard enough, I can't find how to do this. Do I email the XML file to someone to get it into OnlineVideos?

If someone can let me know how to do this, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. offbyone
    • Team MediaPortal

offbyone Development Group

Ratings:
    +3,303 / 3
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    AW: Plus7 - Catch Up TV Australia

Go to the OnlineVideos configuration from the MediaPortal Configuration application
    On the Sites tab, find your site, select it and push the Publish button above.
    Register a valid email (you'll receive a password). Once registered press publish again. Now your site is in the global list.

4. rmeredit
    • Premium Supporter

rmeredit MP Donator

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Hi K,

Doesn't quite work for me. All I get is a video consisting of a still-frame with a blue play button on it and the name of the show. I suspect this is a preview stream - perhaps the wrong file in the XML is being played?

Cheers,

Rob.

5. kcoo03

kcoo03 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    No luck with it I'm afraid.

Got all the categories, thumbnails everything sorted and it looked alright but couldn't get the video playing (a pretty crucial part I fear!).

I can only work out the link to the .swf page which plays in a browser of it's own but not within MP.

Further research has revealed that a link to the .swf is not good enough and I need to dig deeper to get the actual link to the video file, I've spent some time on it with no luck so far will continue looking but can't promise anything.

It's pretty frustrating, so near yet so far...!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!