Plus7 - Catch Up TV Australia (1 Viewer)

kcoo03

June 10, 2011
Home Country
Hi all,

I've been working on a stream for Plus 7 - Channel 7's catch up TV in Australia. I created the XML from the Site Creator and it seems to look OK, I can get videos to play when hitting the Play button in the VideoURL tab. However I'm now looking to test further in the system and, maybe I haven't looked hard enough, I can't find how to do this. Do I email the XML file to someone to get it into OnlineVideos?

If someone can let me know how to do this, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Plus7 - Catch Up TV Australia

Go to the OnlineVideos configuration from the MediaPortal Configuration application
    On the Sites tab, find your site, select it and push the Publish button above.
    Register a valid email (you'll receive a password). Once registered press publish again. Now your site is in the global list.

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Hi K,

Doesn't quite work for me. All I get is a video consisting of a still-frame with a blue play button on it and the name of the show. I suspect this is a preview stream - perhaps the wrong file in the XML is being played?

Cheers,

Rob.

kcoo03

June 10, 2011
    Home Country
    No luck with it I'm afraid.

Got all the categories, thumbnails everything sorted and it looked alright but couldn't get the video playing (a pretty crucial part I fear!).

I can only work out the link to the .swf page which plays in a browser of it's own but not within MP.

Further research has revealed that a link to the .swf is not good enough and I need to dig deeper to get the actual link to the video file, I've spent some time on it with no luck so far will continue looking but can't promise anything.

It's pretty frustrating, so near yet so far...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom