[no Bug] PMT not starting (1 Viewer)

ghanz

Portal Pro
September 18, 2007
Ouderkerk
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Nope,

Absolutely not a hardware problem. No difference. I will try to see if I can fix a steady powersupplycable (use one of an old external harddrive and just lead that into my MCE case, however I'don't expect it to make a difference. Under MCE I did not have any problems so MP is still somehow responsible. Only thing I can think of is ask arion_p whether he can decipher our logs to find out what the problem is. For now I just leave the thing on. the functionality of MP is still better than 7MCE.

My cable company (caiway) will stop sending analogue signal in a few months, so I need to have a way of extending my tv to the bedroom. Since I only have a small flatscreen on the wall, I cannot place a decoder or client there. I installed Ipimp (excellent plugin) and plan to convert video from the mediacenter (or client on the third floor) via coax to the bedroom, see how that works.

Ipimp also gives me the ability to shutdown server and clients so that somewhat eases the pain of the standby functions

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's a sham ghanz, so no definite solution in that.

Have you tried the debug option: Reset Graph? It appears that, since the RC2 release, this option is working for me. It made no difference to the problem with all previous MP versions, including SVN builds. But I enabled it a couple of days ago and so far I had no issue with TV not starting. I'm not fully coonvinced yet, but there seems to be a difference.

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    4Roma just did a clean install of w7. I will never touch tvserver again. I'm building a hybrid system right now. Will install mediaportal for stored media. checkout youtube media center studio. See ya!

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm leaving MP completely. I'm done with it, to much irritation. Thanks for the tip, Media Center Studio looks nice to modify MCE.

Good luck, see you around ghanz.

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    4Roma, I have send you a personal message, let's keep in touch on W7mce, have not encountered a single problem, altered the menu, as wel as the powerdvd splash screen, making good progress. Love the stability!

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ghanz, I got your message and we'll keep in contact. Good to hear your issues are over. It motivates a lot to go to 7MCE. Now just some time to spend... :) I'll reply soon with my email addy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom