[no Bug] PMT not starting (1 Viewer)

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, the issue should also appear in 7MCE or VMCE, it's a hardware fault. I haven't tried it with those systems recently, but I indeed cannot remember having this issue with VMCE.

Have you upgraded to RC2? Is see some fixes that look related to our issue. I did the upgrade, clean install. But did not have the time to test yet.

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did,

RC2 has no influence on standby performance whatsoever. It does zap a little better, and generally feels a little more solid. The only problems I have is the resume nightmare

Be aware that this could still be a valid solution eventhough we don't have problems under WMCE. We do use a totally different driver, so it could be that the the driver handles the waking-up process differently somehow. I have tried millions of different settings and it still remains a problem, so it reasonably safe to assume a hardware problem.
    first ting I learned in my job: If it walks like a Duck, it quacks like duck and it looks like a duck : It problably is a duck.

I have tested a hybrid setup on my laptop, where I installed MP without TV and used Mediacenter Studio to alter the ugly interface of 7MCE and make custom 'entrypoints' in MCE to start MP for everything else but TV stuff: Works like a charm, very easy to accomplish. So will now try to make this alteration and if that does not work, I'm going with the hybrid setup.

Need to find a transistor thingy first...

Hear you later

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Been scanning the Net for some time about this issue recently. I read more posts about the resume issue with FloppyDTV, not just in combination with MediaPortal but with other systems. No definitive solution though. It has been confirmed that Digital Everywhere stopped their support completely. There are no other ways to get the modified power cable. So far there's no way to try this solution. No other workable solutions out there so far.

I'm starting to think about investing money in a new TV card. I'm orientating myself what different solutions are there, that fit in a half profile case. I like the MP interface and usability, but this TV thing drives me insane. FloppyDTV produces the best picture, but hey, it has to work. Maybe the Anysee E30TC is an option.

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    FireDTV / FloppyDTV: Problemes et solutions

4Roma,

According to the instructions above to modify the power cable it looks pretty easy. I found a shop nearby that sells the transistors 220 micro farrat over 25volts. I spoke to an expert, who confirmed it is a valid way to prevent troubles on power cycles. (ned: ontstoringstransistors)
    I will certainly try this.

I will look into Anysee also and the same thoughts had crossed my mind, however i had one friend selling his Anysee because he could not get it to work under MP :(
    This was however 6 months back.

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Please keep me posted ghanz. I hope this is the solution. I was considering to put the FloppyDTV in an external HDD case, like suggested on the above French site. Have one of those lying around. It kind of defeats the purpose of an all-in-one media center PC though. Still, if it eliminates the problem...

I read different experiences about the Anysee, can't seem to get a clear review on it. So to much doubt for now here to take that step.

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Cool,

What I can decipher on the french site, the firedtv has a seperate powersource, so it has no problems with power when waking up. This apparently is solved by souldering the transistor. I will not be able to fix the store untill friday, so i wil keep you posted but we have to wait 1 week. Sorry work is kinda busy.

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So much for the theory it's a power related issue. Today my kid was watching Nickelodeon. It was paused for some time and he was watching throug timeshifting. At the end of the cartoon I tried to change channel to Cartoon Network, and the same issue occured. No way to get TV working anymore. The FloppyDTV was working, so we can safely assume it was powered. Why would it stop working now?

Seems related: click, or this one, or maybe same sort issue here.

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could it have been a powersurge? I haven't seen this before, have you?

Another option is a weak signal or a signal drop caused by your provider, could you let me know if this happens again?

If the condensator soulder action does not work, I have a last resort.

I have seen people talking about a debug function and reset build graph function, however I haven't been able to locate it. This in combination with a delay in initializing tvservice after wake-up for 15 seconds could be another try. Do you know where to select the reset graph function?

greetz

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't know if it was an incident, I'll keep an eye on it.

To enable the debug function, modify the shortcut to the TV configuration tool in your startmenu. Add "--DebugOptions" to it (e.G. "C:\Program Fiels\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Setup TV.exe" --DebugOptions). You get an additional menu in the config tool. I have the Reset Graph option enabled, but does not make a difference.

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    4Roma,

I bought a condensator and just soldoured it on the powercable as described. in the instructions it also specifies that it might be smart to use a powersupply which is used also by a hdd or dvd. I used one which was used exclusively by the floppydvd, because I thought it would eliminate powersurches. Turns out it is wiser to use one with other hardware. It also specifies that you are better off using a old powersuply. Anyway, everything should be solved by this condensator. If it works I owe U a beer. I bought 2, so if it works I will send it to you for free ;)

See if it works, I keep you posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom