PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I don't think I've tried to watch part-time channels (e.g. BBC Three and BBC Four) when they're off-air on DVB-T but I know on DVB-S, it basically causes MP to freeze for 15-20 seconds until it says it can't find the channel. Very annoying, especially if one of them was the last channel watched the night before and when I wake up the HTPC in the morning, I have to wait ages before I can actually watch TV cos it tries to tune to that channel again. I'm sure I once saw an option to input the times a certain channel broadcasts, which would avoid this, but I can't find it any more so maybe I imagined it. :(

I think on Freeview boxes, when the channels are "not broadcasting", they actually are broadcasting but just an MHEG stream, with no video or audio. This is why you get the fullscreen "this channel starts broadcasting at 19:00" message on Freeview boxes. AFAIK, MP doesn't handle MHEG (which means no "red button" interactive services either).

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    DragonQ,

You can adjust the timeout (Channel tuning wait time) to be shorter...a few seconds if you wish...but dont make it too short otherwise working channels are aborted before being successfully tuned.

Look in TV Server config the setting is in there.

J.

ps - It can be fustrasting when you power on the next time and it has to wait to realise no channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom