PocketHDTV receiver card, trying to get running (1 Viewer)

sambuddy

Portal Member
June 13, 2006
Hello All,
I am going through the process of getting up and running a USB DVB-T tuner for media portal. I have followed the process of using graphedit to find the moniker and connections and I have modified the xml document to suite. Despite these entries, MP doesn't recognise the presence of a TV card (e.g. I got to add a card under setup and nothing is found).
I have attached the moniker and xml addition that I have used. I also have some screen grabs with information but I didn't post them due to them being about 200k in size (keeping in mind people on dialup) but i can send them if anyone wants to see them.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
P.S. The tuner is a DVB-T for Australia, it's called PocketHDTV and it's USB2, it's sold by a company called inventa (www.inventa.com.au) and it has BDA drivers supplied with it

@device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_167e&pid_0101#5&1bf0e20c&0&3#{fd0a5af4-b41d-11d2-9c95-00c04f7971e0}\{a439bb91-a492-49e1-be12-b2ce56dd79fb}

<capturecard>
<capabilities>
<tv>
<interface>
<filters>
<filter>
<filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection>
<connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

sambuddy

Portal Member
June 13, 2006
Sorry guys, I don't know what happened to my xml insert. I'll try again (i had to remove my little arrows)

@device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_167e&pid_0101#5&1bf0e20c&0&3#{fd0a5af4-b41d-11d2-9c95-00c04f7971e0}\{a439bb91-a492-49e1-be12-b2ce56dd79fb}

capturecard commercialname="PocketHDTV " capturename="PocketHDTV MT352 TV Receiver" devid="vid_167e&amppid_0101"
capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"
tv
interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="0"
filters
filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"
filter cat="tunerdevice" name="PocketHDTV MT352 TV Receiver" checkdevice="false"
/filters
connections
connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"
connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"
/connections
/tv
/capturecard\

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This is just a very wild guess, but it looks like a ";" is missing from the devid...I think it should be:-

devid="vid_167e&amp;pid_0101"

sambuddy

Portal Member
    June 13, 2006
    Thanks for that. The card is now recognised in MP setup. Now for the next step.
    Can anyone help me with the following error?
    I am getting an "unable to creat graph for this device error". (Should I post a log file for this one?)
    Thanks for your help

sambuddy

Portal Member
    June 13, 2006
    WooHoo, I got rid of that error too. I'll post my results later when I can get a good aerial signal. I'll keep you all informed :D

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Congratulations on getting that working mostly by yourself.

When it's working, post the excerpt from the XML so that it can be uploaded to help others. To get the code to post without the format being mixed up, just use the CODE button just above the text box where you enter your message. This way the formatting is kept as is, just like a pre tag in HTML.

sambuddy

Portal Member
    June 13, 2006
    Oh well, so near yet so far. I can get MP to recognise the tuner and I can get it to do a tune BUT it picks up no stations :cry:
    If I put it on another computer with the normal windows drivers and software it will happily pick up the "abc" therefore showing the box is working and signal is there.
    If you have any suggestions, I am all ears (and I'll continue on trying :!:

sambuddy

Portal Member
    June 13, 2006
    Thanks Marcusb, I have sent dman an email asking for assistance. On a slightly different note, I notice you are in Oz. Can you tell me what method you are using to receive EPG data?
    Thanks

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I use the OZTivo Grabber.

I used to use DUGG which worked great, but because I go out of the country a lot and Channel nine keep changing their encryption it meant that no guide would be downloaded until I got home and was able to apply DUGG updates.

The OzTivo grabber just works and I find the content is generally perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom