Poll - Hauppauge MediaMVP Support (4 Viewers)

Would you have use for MediaMVP support

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Hi.

Hauppauge MediaMVP is an excellent way of silently(!) extending a frontend to a Media server to any networked room.

This means that You can have a small box totally silent in your living room and/or bedroom, and have the server in your office or elsewhere where you don't mind the noise and looks of a PC. The box extends the user interface and media through the network.

The device is already supported by other Media Centers/ PVR software packages bringing their user interfaces to any room in a house.

Read more about it here: http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_mediamvp.html

Currently there is no support for it in MediaPortal, but if we can gather enough requests we might get it higher on the ToDo list and maybe even get financial support for a set for the developers...

A

Anonymous

Hello

You said: Frodo already has one.

Where can I find that one?

I use a MediaMVP, and I love it,
but I want also be able to use MediaPortal

Artama

A

Anonymous

dman_lfc said:
Frodo already has one.

DMAN

Does this mean that we only need to provide one for MrMario64 for them to be equipped for bringing support for the device? :)

At the time of writing there is a 7:1 ratio for supporting it - maybe we can finally get it up the list ... :D

Next thing would be supporting Video Out on Hauppauge PVR 350, but that calls for a different thread...

/NiA

M

magnayn

nia said:
Hi.

Currently there is no support for it in MediaPortal, but if we can gather enough requests we might get it higher on the ToDo list and maybe even get financial support for a set for the developers...

Hi

I am writing an open-source C# library for the MediaMVP which should be suitable for integration use in Media Portal.

I have it working with my own test application, enough to both show menu content and to play MPEG2 videos.

Hopefully it will be hosted on sourceforge in the next few days, but drop me a line if you want to know when it goes in.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Great,

I am verry interested in this application, please let me know when it's ready for using Mediaportal with MediaMVP.

Thanks,

Artama

pimboli

November 29, 2005
any news?

when will the mvp be supported?

It would be perfect to habe media portal in combination with a streaming client...

Pimboli

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    magnayn - What ever happened to the open-source C# library for the MediaMVP you were working on back in April of this year?

Mike

Alfiegerner

Portal Member
    October 22, 2005
    Just wanted to add my 2 p.

I don't know if any of you have seen the latest Sage 4.1.4 beta media extender edition that supports the MVP: if you haven't I'd seriously recommend having a look at it - you need to go to their forums to get it.

Very impressive UI with preview windows and transparencies that looks just like a full PC client. As much as I appreciate the work of Frodo and others (I'm an avid user of XBMC and was of XBMP before that) having a fully featured TV client running on a tiny silent MVP box was just too tempting. After trialing it for 30 mins I decided to shell out some cash on the Sage Software.

A huge plus for me is the tv out quality on the MVP. I really struggled to get a really sharp picture using the s-video out of a fx5600 but with the MVP it's crystal.

There is another massive bonus but I'm not too sure how to describe it: you know when you're watching TV through a PC you're kind of aware of the OS running underneath and all that hardware and it can somehow seem a bit clunky. Having a nice thin client like the MVP sitting under your telly just lets you forget all about that.

All in all this has turned into a bit of pro MVP rant I know but I just wanted to bring attention to how good this sort of setup can be. Its not that I'm trying to say that another PVR software is better, just that the setup of using a thin MVP type client can bring many benefits and is really satisfying to use.

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    Gonna get me one of these babies to try out! If nothing else will be quieter to use it in the bedroom rather than another pc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom