Poor picture quality on live TV (1 Viewer)

MrVirtual

Portal Member
May 13, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,
I have not been able to find an up to date thread on this subject, apologies if it is answered elsewhere.

I have installed MP2-Spring-16 in the hope of jumping from WMC (WIN7) to MP2.

The Live TV image (terrestrial broadcast) image is very poor, the picture has loads of horizontal lines at most times. I have changed the codes from LAV to Microsoft FFDSHOW etc to no avail.
The Microsoft Codec was good but the image flickered a lot and was not watchable.

Any hints on how to get the best out of the TV service image?

The TV is a Sony 1080P 46"
It's an older system AMD 5400
4GB RAM
Win 7 Ultimate x64

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the picture has loads of horizontal lines at most times.
    Sounds like your system (Graphics card and CPU) is not able to deinterlace the TV video properly.
    As you don't filled your system specs and did not mention your GFX card it's impossible to tell you more. But if I have to guess, I would say the hardware you are using is too weak The 5400 is from 2007, nearly 10 years old. If your GFX card is as old as your CPU this most likely is the root cause for your issues. Today a cheap tablet (below 100$) has much more power than your energy eating system...

MrVirtual

Portal Member
    May 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    wow strike a nerve?
    It's an ATI 5450, (2011), yes as I said it's an old system, but it still runs a much better image via Windows Media Centre than MP2 allows, I didn't expect that this would be such an issue.
    The box still runs well and a tablet would not perform the functions that I am able to from a PC based system.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not striking a nerve, but it simply is impossible to help without the needed information. There is a sticky thread about creating a bugreport where all is listed that needs to be provided from an user who needs help and likes to get a reasonable response...
    In short, we need the full system specs and a full set of logfiles.
    As you see here, I have to write much more than necessary to help you only because you don't provide all needed information.

Ok, the ATI 5450 is able to deinterlace the TV video if you enable DXVA in LAVF...
    So we need to dig much deeper. But without proper logs no more help is possible.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi there,
    Could u please disable "pull down detection" inside catalyst settings and try again.
    Also remove the check box in "Automatic Deinterlacing" and move the slider to VECTOR ADAPTIVE.
    Let me know if it works.

dturner_69

Portal Member
    April 25, 2016
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You don't mention what tuners you are using to receive the broadcasts. Check for updated drivers for both the tuner and the graphics card. I have a system (of similar vintage) that many people often comment that the HD picture is better than they get on their television. By the way, I use the Black Gold HD Freeview tuner cards, which are superb,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom