Poor responsiveness when re-winding or fast forwarding (1 Viewer)

aXeR

Portal Member
February 26, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I've noticed that when re-winding and fast forwarding blu-ray rips on my media box (movies are streamed from storage server at gbit) that responsiveness is pretty awful when compared to say an AVI. Quite often when i press either corresponding button nothing happens for a good 30-60 seconds and then when i do get feedback, its very choppy.

I was just wondering if this is to be expected or if I'm doing something wrong. Obviously I appreciate that streaming a 8-15GB file is going to be reasonably slow when seeking backwards/forwards but should it really be this slow?

Cheers, Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

This is a repost in feature requests as I originally submitted it as a bug but it is intended behaviour. Love the new MP2.1 Pre2. I've actually switched from MP1! The time slider doesn't appear for remote control commands, "play", "pause", "rewind", "fast forward", "skip forward", "skip back" etc. when watching live or recorded TV...
This is a repost in feature requests as I originally submitted it as a bug but it is intended behaviour. Love the new MP2.1 Pre2...
This is a repost in feature requests as I originally submitted it as a bug but it is intended behaviour. Love the new MP2.1 Pre2...
Replies
Views
Not that I know of...
Not that I know of...
GitHub repository | Wiki | Skinning Guide | Available Sites | German Thread History I restarted development on the OnlineVideos...
Replies
Views
Check that you have disabled all anti-virus checking on the drives/folders used for recordings etc. - this can really mess things up.
Check that you have disabled all anti-virus checking on the drives/folders used for recordings etc. - this can really mess things up.
Hi all. Yesterday we recently upgraded our router to a Billion BiPAC 7800N and now I seem to be having problems watching HD...
Replies
Views
Closing this looong thread due to the new release. Discussions now here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/onlinevideos-2-0-0-0-2015-03-26.130171/
Closing this looong thread due to the new release. Discussions now here...
Google Code project | Wiki | Skinning Guide | Available Sites | German Thread History I restarted development on the OnlineVideos...
Replies
Views
Great Guide! I have about 20 hours so far in this and love the product. Since you have a very good grasp of it can you point me to how we record tv shows without recording reruns? I know this is probably very basic but anywhere I post on the forum on this is met with a deafening silence. I am sure Mediaportal can do this easily since...
Great Guide! I have about 20 hours so far in this and love the product. Since you have a very good grasp of it can you point me to...
I've been using MediaPortal for a few months, when I first took the plunge I struggled with understanding how to configure...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom