[Approved] Port SlimTv to MPExtended (1 Viewer)

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
July 1, 2010
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Re: AW: Port SlimTv to MPExtended

Regarding your patch: I think I will add this as a second provider, so users can choose what connector they want to use. I've build the SlimTV this way for flexibility, so it's a good way to have both connectors :)

And a 3rd provider?
I'm currently developing one for 4TR (It's already working actually:)),
Otherwise I'll bring it out as a plugin.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice to hear about more connectors. So I think my current abstraction layer is working. The parts for programs and schedules needs to be defined better. Former drafts are not yet implemented. If someone has ideas please let me know.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi glenn 1990,

did you continue your work on an 4TR provider? I plan to work now on the MPExtended port. This would be a good chance to improve handling, when multiple providers are present. Can you share your current work?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The current TV client in MP2 uses TV4Home Core Service, on which development has halted. The MPExtended Service is it's successor. The API changes in the TV part are fairly minimal, and consist of only a few renamed properties. While the MPExtended API isn't frozen yet the part MP2 uses won't change anymore. Given this situation, I think it's a good idea to migrate the TV client to the MPExtended service.

I've pushed a patch for this to my fork on GitHub. It consists of two parts:
    I haven't actually tested these changes yet (just compiled them), but I don't think they'll break anything.

I also found the folder Incubator/TV4Home, but I don't think it's being used anymore. Let me know if I should update that one too.

I've added your changes in a slightly modified version to a new branch https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/tree/ImproveSlimTvGuide. We now have two providers that the users can choose from, thanks!

Current limitation: you can only have one provider installed, otherwise you will get errors. Not sure if we even should change this. Let's see...

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi glenn 1990,

did you continue your work on an 4TR provider? I plan to work now on the MPExtended port. This would be a good chance to improve handling, when multiple providers are present. Can you share your current work?

It basically works but only with modifications to the slimtv code because 4TR uses Guids and slimtv Integers for channel/program indentification.
    And I need to cleanup the code first before releasing something.:)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Oxan,

Is this patch available as an installation or .zip compiled plugin package for use (by people who don't understand how to get working files from the Github - like me ;) ).

TV4Home is not working for me on my separate server/client setup, and since I already have MPExtended on my system, I was hoping I could use it to test MP2.

Thanks

Robbo100

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A new version will be published soon inside the SlimTV plugin thread.

I'm currently implementing authentication support. When this is finished, a new version comes :)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Oxan,

Is this patch available as an installation or .zip compiled plugin package for use (by people who don't understand how to get working files from the Github - like me ;) ).

TV4Home is not working for me on my separate server/client setup, and since I already have MPExtended on my system, I was hoping I could use it to test MP2.

Thanks

Robbo100
    just wait a few more days... A new version with mpextended support is already in the works...

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Will do.

Thanks!

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    A new version will be published soon inside the SlimTV plugin thread.

I'm currently implementing authentication support. When this is finished, a new version comes :)
    Judging from the commit log you already have implemented authentication support for MPExtended and don't need my help anymore? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom