Portugese language scraper issue (1 Viewer)

hilfer

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Well , so far I could not make the new scraper work as I wished.

a- my first doubt is : my version is 3.3.3. and I see here version 3.3.4 - where is that vers. 3.3.4 ?? everytime I download
I see 3.3.3. !!!

b- I would like it to grab movies information as follows:
Main title : In portuguese (from IMDB)
summary: In portuguese too ( from ptgate or eventually from a brazilian site- "adoro cinema" or similar

The steps I take to get this:

1-MP configuration and enable IMDb+
2-Moving Picture configuration - importer settings - manually manage data sources - imdb+ on top of the list.

Now what can I do to make it grab information as I want (b ) ??
Open media portal and configure IMDB+ inside MP ?? which options to enable inside IMDb+ ??

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.4

a- my first doubt is : my version is 3.3.3. and I see here version 3.3.4 - where is that vers. 3.3.4 ?? everytime I download
    I see 3.3.3. !!!
    It only checks for updates every 24hrs...so be patient.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.4

Well , so far I could not make the new scraper work as I wished.

The foreign title problem was fixed in IMDb+ scraper-script v3.3.4.

This version is automatically installed by the IMDb+ plugin, but it only checks once every 24 hours to see if a new version is available. You can open up the hidden menu to see when the last time was that IMDb+ plugin checked for an update, and simply wait till the next day then.

MePo.IMDb+.Info.1.png

So once v3.3.4 is installed, which you can verify via the hidden menu as well via the "IMDb+ Info..." option as shown above, you will be able to get Portugese titles. Remember to enable the "Refresh all fields" setting, so that the title gets updated, as well as disable the "Rename titles...." option, which would otherwise end up using the English title again to group movies. And be sure secondary language option is set to Portugese.

With those settings active you can then open MovingPictures, and refresh details on a single movie via the context menu to make sure it works (easier then testing with all movies if you forgot to adjust a setting). Remember you will only see the update inside the movie details, the list will not change yet due to a bug in MovingPictures, until you close and re-open MediaPortal. If a single movie works fine, then you can go back to the IMDb+ plugin and use the hidden menu to refresh all your movies at once. Then when refresh is done, close MediaPortal and re-open it so that MovingPictures can properly load the list again (it only does this when it inits currently), and you should have titles, summary (short only for the time being), spoken-language, genres, and certifications all in Portugese.

Only imdb.pt is supported, because I don't know of any other website that allows me to get the Portugese information I need purely based on a lookup via the IMDb tt-ID. On the imdb.pt website this is easy, because it uses the same IMDb tt-IDs as the imdb.com website does. But for example the Swedish, Icelandic and Dutch movie sites do allow a lookup, so it is not impossible for a non-IMDb website to support it.

As for the grouping of movie-series by renaming the titles. My original idea was to use the English rename database and replace the English subtitle with the foreign title. However if a few foreign users are willing to assist in helping me translate their respective rename database, then proper support will be possible, which for Portugese users will then result in: "A Ressaca I" + "A Ressaca II" instead of "The Hangover I" + "The Hangover II". I'm still busy on the actual implementation of this, and might write a PHP based system to help in the translations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom