Possibility to have a 'Favorites' TV-series view (1 Viewer)

raffe

Portal Pro
March 28, 2008
Country flag
In MP-TVSeries you can "Change view...", and among other choices there we have "Favorites".

When you right click on a series you get a menu, and among other choices there we have "Add Series to View..." (here I can choose Favorites) and "Remove Series from View..." (if it is not a favorite anymore).

The Favorites view is really good to have when you are about to choose a series to watch and there are over 500 series to choose from, but you know there are only about 30 that everyone likes.

My suggestion is to implement something similar in MP2 :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    In MP-TVSeries you can "Change view...", and among other choices there we have "Favorites".

When you right click on a series you get a menu, and among other choices there we have "Add Series to View..." (here I can choose Favorites) and "Remove Series from View..." (if it is not a favorite anymore).

The Favorites view is really good to have when you are about to choose a series to watch and there are over 500 series to choose from, but you know there are only about 30 that everyone likes.

My suggestion is to implement something similar in MP2 :)
    In MP2 Favourites are part of HomeContent and defined based on the frequency of media items played. E.g. if you listen to an album 5 times it seems to be a favourite album. Many library based softwares (Kodi, Plex, ...) handle it also like that.
    There is no plan to define own favourite views at the moment, because it would conflict a bit with the existing model and the use case in comparison to effort is rather low and we have a long existing task list already.

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    Country flag
    the use case in comparison to effort is rather low and we have a long existing task list already.
    OK, I understand! If you later have room in the task list, maybe make a simple solution?
    1. When you "Add Series to Genre Favorites..." or "Remove Series from Genre Favorites..." you actually add or remove a "Genre" named "Favorites" to the Series.
    2. Then you can use the already existing feature Filter - Genre (and then choose Favorites) to see your favorites.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread