Possible bug in 1.16PRE - Screen Saver setting not retained. (1 Viewer)

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Setup: MP 1.16PRE, test on two systems.

Problem & reproduce - set Screen Saver to 'reduce frame rate' in config, close config, re-open config, setting is lost, so reverts to default shutdown [which had me damn confused:)
    Blank Screen and Load Plugin settings are retained.

At no time did I run MePo itself or any other utility/prog.

The config logs attached, log 2, starting point, log 1, set 'reduce frame rate', log 0, reopen config.

I cannot see any difference in Mediaportal.xml and Mediaportal.xml.bak between sessions or changes to Gentle.config [used Unix diff to make sure I'd not simply missed it].

Same on 2 machines, both have madVR installed and configured [madVR on/off for video render has no impact].

Cheers - JCMP

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Problem & reproduce - set Screen Saver to 'reduce frame rate' in config, close config, re-open config, setting is lost
    I can confirm that the "reduce framerate" selection doesn't show as selected/enabled through MP Configuration... but it isn't actually lost. MediaPortal still actions the setting as intended.

Note (to other readers, since it took me awhile to find the setting that JimCatMP was referring to):
    1. The relevant section of MP Configuration is GUI -> Screensaver.
    2. The "reduce framerate" selection does show as selected/enabled through the in-GUI/MP settings.

so reverts to default shutdown
    Not sure what you mean by this. There's no mention of "shutdown" anywhere there. :confused:
    ...nor are the "blank the screen" or "load plugin" selections falsely shown as enabled.

Blank Screen and Load Plugin settings are retained.
    I can confirm.

I cannot see any difference in Mediaportal.xml and Mediaportal.xml.bak
    ...then you've missed it. ;)

The "IdleBlanking" setting within the "general" section is the relevant setting.
    "yes" = blank the screen
    "no" = reduce frame-rate

Last edited:

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom