Possible Bug: 'Original File Name' filter not working. (1 Viewer)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I use various filters to create categories for movies in MovingPicures; so far all the Filters that I had been using have been working perfectly -- however today I came across a filter that doesn't seem to be working at all.

"Original File Name"

I was trying to create a Category for my 3D Films as I had "(3D)" included in the original file name of all my 3D films, for example, "Avatar (3D).mkv" or "Avengers (3D).iso" etc. I used the following as the filter:

Original File Name ... Contains ... 3D

Nothing turned up in the "View results of this filter". I then tried something simple, I put in:

Original File Name ... Contains ... The

Since a LOT of movies have the word "The" in the file name .... still nothing!! It's evident this filter is not working at all.

I can create the 3D Category using other means, so it's not an issue ... but I'm just wondering if anyone else can test and find out if it's actually not working or I'm having an issue.

Thanks!!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    That dbase field relates to the value of your filename *before* it is renamed by the Moving-Pictures rename feature.

What you are after (on current filename) == "Full Path" (yes this includes filename)

PS: IMDb+ had support for "(3D)" and many other common terms on filename and movie titles are renamed to include it, so that inside the "All Movies" view you can quickly differentiate between "Avatar" and "Avatar (3D)" (also allows for different covers/fanarts then).

There is also support for custom tags, for example "Avatar ([IMAX]).avi" would import as "Avatar [IMAX]"

Last edited:

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That dbase field relates to the value of your filename *before* it is renamed by the Moving-Pictures rename feature.

What you are after (on current filename) == "Full Path" (yes this includes filename)

You were correct in that "Full Path" worked; I'm able to use that to do what I was after.
    However, I'm still unclear on the "Original File Name" filter - you say it relates the value *before* it is renamed by MovingPictures; if I understand that correctly - if my original file name, before being renamed, contains "(3D)", wouldn't that work?

Either way, the "Full Path" filter works.

PS: IMDb+ had support for "(3D)" and many other common terms on filename and movie titles are renamed to include it, so that inside the "All Movies" view you can quickly differentiate between "Avatar" and "Avatar (3D)" (also allows for different covers/fanarts then).

There is also support for custom tags, for example "Avatar ([IMAX]).avi" would import as "Avatar [IMAX]"

You know, I have tried this previously also, and I tried this again, but somehow this has never worked for me. Nor in the past, nor currently. I have followed instructions that were actually provided by you in a different post some time back.

I have many such terms contained in parenthesis in a lot of movies, in the original filenames, for example:
    Avengers (3D).iso
    Sucker Punch (Director's Cut).mkv
    Under The Sea 3D (IMAX).iso

I followed the instructions to the T ... but nothing gets renamed and the tags don't show up in the Titles within MovingPictures. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have the correct options checked in the IMDB+ setup ... I then do the Force IMDB+ and thereafter I do the Update All ... still nothing. Not sure what I'm missing.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The filename is (unfortunatly) only accessible to IMDb+ during fresh import. So a refresh doesn't work, you have to send the file back to the importer (this can now all be done from within GUI with recent versions of MovPic)

New version of IMDb+ adds additional logging into movingpictures.log to make it easier to verify. So open the log file with notepad and do a CTRL+F for "IMDb+ Search" (or search on "###"), you should see a block like:

Code:
    06-Nov-2013 02:42:18  Info [  ScraperNode]: ########################## IMDb+ Search Results ###########################
    06-Nov-2013 02:42:18  Info [  ScraperNode]: # Search Folder  = ...
    06-Nov-2013 02:42:18  Info [  ScraperNode]: # Search File  = ...
    06-Nov-2013 02:42:18  Info [  ScraperNode]: # Search IMDb ID =  ...
    06-Nov-2013 02:42:18  Info [  ScraperNode]: # Search Title  = ...
    06-Nov-2013 02:42:18  Info [  ScraperNode]: #
    06-Nov-2013 02:42:18  Info [  ScraperNode]: # IMDb+ IMDb ID  = tt... (Only showing first movie found)
    06-Nov-2013 02:42:18  Info [  ScraperNode]: # IMDb+ Title  = ... (...)
    06-Nov-2013 02:42:18  Info [  ScraperNode]: # IMDb+ Special  =  ...
    06-Nov-2013 02:42:18  Info [  ScraperNode]: ###########################################################################

So please pick one movie to send back to the importer and verify that the "IMDb+ Special" worked, if not then there is a bug in the code and I would need to know more to fix it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    if my original file name, before being renamed, contains "(3D)", wouldn't that work?

Yes it would, but did you ever use the rename function that MovPic offers? Those database fields are otherwise empty, which then makes the filter fail (which is what you experienced)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom