Forum Possible problem in BUGREPORT forum? (1 Viewer)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Are you aware the forum software itself has a bug and it's not possible to set it to Confirm when starting a new thread (or it hasn't been for myself and several others recently anyway)?

I just tested with my own account as well as with a regular user account. Thread prefix is blank by default. When submitting it, I get the following:
    The following errors occurred with your submission:
    1.You must select a thread prefix.

Members part of the Portal Pro user group may select various prefixes. CONFIRM option tested and it works as expected.
    New members only have the CONFIRM option available.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: Music shows multiple entries for same Album

Are you aware the forum software itself has a bug and it's not possible to set it to Confirm when starting a new thread (or it hasn't been for myself and several others recently anyway)?

I just tested with my own account as well as with a regular user account. Thread prefix is blank by default. When submitting it, I get the following:
    The following errors occurred with your submission:
    1.You must select a thread prefix.

Members part of the Portal Pro user group may select various prefixes. CONFIRM option tested and it works as expected.
    New members only have the CONFIRM option available.

Nope, still no CONFIRM option showing up here when I start a new thread. There's a Bugs subsection and a Team Only Info subsection.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    I moved my off-topic discussion from the bugreport forum to here.

OK, yesterday I just added the user group PORTAL PRO to my test account and tested.

Now I decided to change the Primary Group to PORTAL PRO and now I also see the problem. CONFIRM option NOT available in BUGREPORT forum if PRIMARY USERGROUP is PORTAL PRO.

Maybe infinite.loop or high can have a look if they see something wrong?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well it doesn't even show the Prefix options now, so I assume it will automatically set it to Confirm, which is fine but you might want to make everyone aware of this to avoid getting lots of questions about where the Prefix box has gone ;)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    you might want to make everyone aware of this to avoid getting lots of questions about where the Prefix box has gone
    this thread is visible to all.
    and the forum search works very very well...ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom