Possible Problem with TVserver Database in 1.4.0 final (1 Viewer)

KevL

Portal Pro
March 3, 2005
Cambridge, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi

Have just downloaded and done a clean install of 1.4.0 final. Uninstalled previous version and dropped old database from SQL server.

In 1.4.0 pre release I observed a problem with exporting TV and Radio channels using the tool in TVserver settings. This process would hang and logs revealed an error in the export function as described here

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...nual-control-not-working-log-included.118857/

So on new clean installation, no added plugins I investigated to see if this behaviour had changed.

I setup my TV card tuners - but no scan for channels was carried out. Then I created a number of groups for radio and TV.

Saved configuration and got out MySQL workbench to investigate how the groups had been recorded

In the tables called channelgroup and radiochannelgroup I see that in the channelgroup table all of my added groups and the All Channels group have the sortorder value of 9999. In the second table there is no All Channels group and the two added groups alswo have sort order of 9999.

Is this expected behaviour?

Kev

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Kev

It is difficult to say whether it is expected behaviour.
    Yes, I think radio should have an all channel group, however radio and TV are handled differently and the group may be "implicit".
    The sort order values... well I don't know that there is a right and wrong there.

mm

sincze

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2011
    Hi
    So on new clean installation, no added plugins I investigated to see if this behaviour had changed.
    I setup my TV card tuners - but no scan for channels was carried out. Then I created a number of groups for radio and TV.

Kev

Well this is interesting. I updated my 1.3.0 to 1.4.0 and all hell broke.
    I have a multi seat environment ( all machines run SSD with Windows 7 x64.)

I did a channelscan with the tv server.
    Only 3 out of 4 of my tvtuner cards are able to find channels.

The third one says 100% signal but no channels found.
    (2x Floppy DTV and 2x Cine)

Up until 1.3.0 this was working just fine.
    Also playback of radio is impossible with 1.4.0 client. It will show the channel but won't play the stream.

Mediaportal client 1.4.0 also loses focus with my remote (MCE).
    i can here buttons being pressed but no action.
    they will show up in the logging as well.

Yes I did map the MCE remote in MP Configuration. After a reboot or restart of MP it is working fine for a few hours.
    You can start watching a movie but after a few hours the remote stops working..
    I also checked if plugin PowerScheduler+++ would cause it... nope.
    I checked all the logs. Nothing strange, no errors.

To keep the wife happy I reverted back to a restore point.
    Removed all of MP (add remove programs).
    Removed all MP data.

Installed 1.3.0 and.. relief. Everything is working again.

I searched the forum but it seems nobody has issues with 1.4.0.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @sincze
    How is your post related to TV Server database problems?
    Do you want us to try and investigate your problems, and if so how can we do that without log files?

sincze

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2011
    @sincze
    How is your post related to TV Server database problems?
    Do you want us to try and investigate your problems, and if so how can we do that without log files?

You are totally right.
    Next time I should first investigate and post the log files so people like you can investigate.
    As you can imagine the wife didn't accept this MP service interruption so I had te revert back to 1.3.0.

I still have a backup of my tvserver. Are you still interested in those logging files?
    As this is a multi seat setup I'll search the forum how to create the log files for the TV server only

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom