Possible to autoload/play ONLY forced subtitles in MKV files? (1 Viewer)

Crackofdawn

Portal Pro
September 21, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0RC2
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP 1.0.3
Windows Version: 7 32bit
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

My wife and I watch a lot of movies in MKV format that have forced subtitles (generally for non-english parts) but we never like to look at nonforced subtitles. In MP, I can only figure out a way to either autoload subtitles which plays either forced subtitles OR the first subtitle track (whether forced or not), or not auto load subtitles which then means I have to exit out of the movie, go to settings, enable subtitles, then go back into the movie which is a huge pain, especially if I don't actually know off the top of my head if the movie even has a forced subtitles track.

So I'm hoping theres a way to tell MP to autoload subtitles only if there is a forced track and play that, but ignore subtitles completely if there is no forced track. Any way to do that? Right now we have autoload set to on and every time we play a movie we have to go to info, then choose subtitles, then subtitles off, unless the movie has forced subtitles which we leave on - kind of a pain.

Crackofdawn

Portal Pro
September 21, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Looks like those are just threads on how to get subtitles working at all using the MPC-HC engine in MP. I already have this working using that DLL file. I'm specifically wondering about ONLY loading subtitles if they have a forced flag as that is the only time I ever want subtitles on my movies. Right now I have to either manually enable forced subtitles, or manually disable non forced subtitles every time I play a movie.

creatine

Portal Member
September 8, 2010
I am interested in this as well as I am in a similar situation. My subtitles play fine, but I only want to auto load the forced subs for foreign language scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom