Possible to change UI opacity or hide it? (1 Viewer)

Marienkind

Portal Member
April 10, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I would really like to make the information panel that overlays on videos translucent so I can still see/read whats under it. Whenever its up its blocking subtitles and that gets very annoying. Is there a way to remedy this? Such as a skin, plugin, mod or hack?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This all depends on the skin. If you're talking about DefaultWide you can edit the following files:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\DefaultWide\videoOSD.xml
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\DefaultWide\common.expanded.video.osd.xml
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\DefaultWide\TVOSD.xml
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\DefaultWide\common.expanded.tv.osd.xml

Look for the background image which is blue.png. The first two hexadecimal numbers of colordiffuse is used to set transparency. Default is "ee" so the following would make it more transparent:
    Code:
          <texture>blue.png</texture>
          <colordiffuse>aaffffff</colordiffuse>

Marienkind

Portal Member
    April 10, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Eh, I don't have that skin or those lines of code. Maybe it's because I'm using 1.1.3? My skin is Blue3wide and it lacks any lines of code that pertain to background color, only text. Will any skin work on any version of mediaportal or do I have to upgrade? I've been using 1.1.3 for a while now because it works best for me, after trying the new versions.

But thanks though, you at least pointed me in the right direction.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You should open your forum profile page and fill out the System Specs form. This might mean better and more replies to your forum post :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom