Possible to have audio simultaneously via HDMI and analog? (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi all,

Because of connecting a new TV set via HDMI instead of S-Video there was an issue: sound was not in sync with video anymore.
    The obvious reason - found this out with the help of fellow MePo user mm1352000 - was that sound came from an analog output going to an amplifier and video over HDMI to the TV.
    By sending the audio over HDMI the problem of not being synchronized is solved but a new problem came up...

Now, the sound goes to the TV set and I could connect the amplifier to the TV but this is not convenient since when even listening to music, the TV has to be switched on.
    My question: is it possible to send the sound to both analog & HDMI so that I can switch the input of the amplifier to use the TV or HTPC as an input?
    Is there another solution or how are you guys doing this?

TIA
    Peter

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Is my situation so unique or the solution that obvious?
    I solved it partially by using the 'Stereo Mix' device so now when watching video, the sound comes from the TV and when playing music from the amplifier.

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I have connected all via hdmi
    htpc --> AVR --> TV

Anlaog & digital (hdmi) output isn't possible as far as I know.

So I can turn of TV, while listening music.

I beliefe the key querstion is: What capabilities has your amplifier? HDMI out?

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Der_Bub, my amplifier only has analog connections.
    It seems like switching the tv from a tube to flatsceen and going the HDMI path, I also need to change the amplifier but did not think about this at all.
    Like I wrote earlier: with the stereo mix device this seems to be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom