Possible Widescreen Skin (1 Viewer)

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had some free time so I knocked together some screens in Photoshop, I don't have an HTPC yet so there's not really much motivation in actually creating the skin. That, and I have to wonder how much things will change with the 3D skin effects mentioned as a possible .3 feature.

Anywho, I just decided to put these up to gauge interest and to put some more ideas out there. I've tried to keep it very clean, organised and consistent, something which has bothered me with the current widescreen offerings.

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

w4.jpg

w5.jpg

w6.jpg

Also works well in a black with just a simple background change, if anyone out there like me has a lovely black HDTV!

w5b.jpg

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Hi Brocklander -

I like what you're doing here, I'm more of a square edge guy myself so this is right up my street. I'm quite a fan of your icon too :).

Keep it up and please don't leave the 4:3 guys out.

Cheers,
    Smirnoff.

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Smirnoff said:
    Keep it up and please don't leave the 4:3 guys out.

I would say this would end up looking rather a lot like BlueTwo were it 4:3, 1280x960 just gives you so much more room to lay things out cleanly. I shall have a bit of a play with it though...

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Yes, I like it too! I'm currently running 1024*576 (16:9) on my widescreen CRT TV, with the BlueTwo skin. A proper 16:9 skin would be nice, especially if the font sizes will still be readable on a widescreen CRT TV like mine. I sometimes find the BlueTwo fonts too small. For example, the program description when bringing up the information bar when watching live TV.

jpskiller

Portal Member
    May 30, 2005
    UK
    Widescreen

Keep Up The Good Work, I Also have a 32" widescreen crt TV and have had to change the fonts from aerial to aerial black so they are more readable at a distance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom