Post skin files here + skinning instructions (1 Viewer)

Chreekar

Community Plugin Dev
November 11, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I've done a Blue3wide skin that is included in the latest version. It has some flaws, so if anyone wants to improve it feel free to post it here.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, I've not read all about this new version (3.0) but as far as I know a few new things have been added and there's an id-change. Will the new version work with the old skin file for Aeon? Is there just the id that I need to change or are there more cool things?

If not, then I'm requesting a new xml for Aeon. I will not give that high WAF skin yet :)

Chreekar

Community Plugin Dev
    November 11, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Basically two things are new: the id have changed and I've added a button. That means that you can use the old skin if you change the id, but you won't get access to the sorting options that are made available from the new button.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Basically two things are new: the id have changed and I've added a button. That means that you can use the old skin if you change the id, but you won't get access to the sorting options that are made available from the new button.

Could you please make a sticky with everything that the skin files can lift from the myemulators database file? And of course most importantly, keep it updated if you change anything?

Emph

Chreekar

Community Plugin Dev
    November 11, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Good idea. I'm on vacation, but please remind me again if I haven't updated this post in two weeks time :)

Zetto

Portal Member
    November 21, 2008
    I'm back again using MediaPortal and I still would like meta data like genre (and other stuff from MyEmulators database, too) to be displayed inside my games list. How can I do that? Does anybody have a skin / skinfile where something similar is implemented?
    In this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-emulators-247/genre-display-xface-53812/ I've asked this already but couldn't get it to work as described.

Also I would like to sort by genre. Possible? I was longtime absent from MediaPortal so I'm a total newb again.

emphatic said:
    Could you please make a sticky with everything that the skin files can lift from the myemulators database file? And of course most importantly, keep it updated if you change anything?

That is a good idea and would certainly help, though again, I would have no idea how to implement it. Label with ID didn't work, for whatever reason.

Chreekar

Community Plugin Dev
    November 11, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Emph

It's in the first post of this thread now.

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I think you should update your 1st post and add:

ID=46 - Selected game cover art
    #selecteditem - Selected game title

Maybe they're obvious for a experienced skinner, but i remember i had to figure them out myself the hard way a while back when i was working on a StremdMP skin for this plug-in. There's also a lot of things i never found out, and gave up on :p

losttown

Community Skin Designer
    January 7, 2008
    Hi
    First, a big thanks for Chreekar !
    It's my cocktail of hulkhaugen's and thagerty's ideas for StreamedMP (My Emulators 3.2) :D
    Backgrounds have to be saved into folder \ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\screenshots in .jpg format. Since Rev. 750 also in StreamedMP , The StreamedMP installer automatically change the path of thumb folder in ID 1001 on the right one

Code:
    <control>
                         <description>screenshot background</description>
                         <type>image</type>
                         <id>1001</id>
                         <posX>0</posX>
                         <posY>0</posY>
                         <width>1280</width>
                         <height>720</height>
                         <!--Updated by setup (Ensure ID is unique)-->
                         <texture>C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\screenshots\#selecteditem.jpg</texture>
                         <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
                         <zoom>yes</zoom>
                         <visible>yes</visible>
                  </control>
    I notice also some visibility problems with ID 40-45 in thumbs and filmstrip view .

Thanks Losttown

Filmstrip view.jpgListView.jpgThumbnail-view.jpg

Attachments

• myEmulators.xml
      30.6 KB

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Wow, nice work losttown :) Does it pick fanart based on rom title, or is it just a "coincidence". If so, is it possible to alter it to use fanart based on emulator title?

EDIT: I guess not, afaik there is no such thing as #selectedemulator or similar feature in this plugin. Now, back to work Chreekar :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom