Post your hardware setup here! (1 Viewer)

ss301

October 14, 2005
Hi everyone, I'm new to this, and am interested in making my pc a part pc / part htpc.

I have a Geforce 6600GT graphics card with dual output, so I'm thinking of mounting my 19 inch monitor on the wall, and using it strictly as the media portal screen, and buying a small 15 inch monitor to use on my desk for email/browsing etc...

Anyway, I first need to buy a DVB card. I am in the UK and the signal strength in my area isn't that great. I will be buying an external wideband booster.

I'd like a PCI freeview card which works well with Media Portal. I have the nebula DigiTV and the Hauppage Nova-T in my sights at the moment.

I know there are many posts on TV cards on these forums, and I have indeed searched and read them all, but many of them date back to over a year ago. I'm sure the comptatability of some cards has improved by now.

So, please reply with a break down of your set-up and any problems you may have with it....

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a solution for a couple of days but I've been yet unsuccessful. I'm trying to use an old HP Touchsmart (iq500) as a TV screen to live stream my PS2, as I haven't got enough room/money for a new TV. The...
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
Replies
Views
I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how MPExtended get this info ...
I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how...
Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help with the following. I am based in the UK. I have a family member who has a disability...
Replies
Views
I don't think that it is clear that you need to upgrade :eek:. I used WMC for six years, and have been using MP1 for another six years. I migrated from WMC to MP because it offered more of what I wanted, and less of what I didn't want. But if you are comfortable with WMC, the obvious choice is to stay with WMC on Windows 7. The...
I don't think that it is clear that you need to upgrade :eek:. I used WMC for six years, and have been using MP1 for another six...
I have been 15 years with WMC in Windows 7 but clearly need to upgrade. I believe that MP might meet my needs. Before I invest a...
Replies
Views
Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
Hi, I'm new to the world of HTPC and Media Portal but I've decided to give it a go since my Pioneer DVR-LX60D PVR failed and is...
Replies
Views
Just for clarity. I thought having mobile clients for MP2 would be cool. Hence a lot of thought about firewall and edge traversal/security if I access server from outside my network. But from everything I can find MPExtended isn’t yet released for MP2, so the iPhone app won’t work to watch MP2 server content? I’m guessing MP1 is...
Just for clarity. I thought having mobile clients for MP2 would be cool. Hence a lot of thought about firewall and edge...
I'm struggling to get MP2 working here on just a client/server on same machine config. I'm running Win7. The eventual goal is a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom