Power loop (1 Viewer)

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
Sometimes when I turn on my MP machine it turns straight off again. sometimes this takes 10 seconds or tonight it was fast enough that the TV monitor often had not even started showing a picture before it was turned off again.

I thought it might have been a conflicting setting in the power scheduler settings but I now use power scheduler++ so there is no longer the confusing settings of the same thing in several places, I have had this problem with the standard power scheduler and with the fixed and enhanced power scheduler++.

Usually after 5 or 6 attempts I can get to restart the PC (even then it often turns off before the restart happens) but tonight I had to press reset, it was just too fast.

I think it may have failed to record something tonight because it would not stay on, I think it may have turned on for the recording but then immediately went back to sleep and not recorded till I reset the PC.

Another separate issue is that the log collecting watchdog tool creates files with special permissions, not inherited from the folder it writes to like a normal file meaning that I have to go and change permissions every time I want to copy the file off to another PC, a complete PITA.

MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2
MediaPortal Skin: PureVisionHD
Windows Version: 7 x64
CPU Type: core 2 duo 2.1
HDD: Hitachi SATA 500Gb
Memory: 1Gb
Motherboard: Asus P5L-VM 1394
Video Card: Saphire ATI HD4350
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: onboard (ASUS)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: ASUS My cinema U3000 Mini
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T (USB)
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card: DNTV! Live Dual Hybrid PCIe
3. TV Card Type: twin hybrid
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: thermaltake motzart
Cooling: CPU fan / passive on other
Power Supply:
Remote: iMon
TV: Samsung LA37R7
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA, (not DVI->HDMI, mis-led by samsung)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom