Power Outage, now getting error message trying to play recordings or live tv (1 Viewer)

Jeep725

Portal Member
September 28, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have rebooted twice now, but I am suddenly getting an error message when trying to play a recorded TV show or live tv. We had a storm today, and a brief power outage, but other than that I watched TV earlier today with no troubles. Logs attached. TV server appears to be working, it states a program is being recorded, but I can't watch it from the beginning or live point. Help!?![DOUBLEPOST=1378952245][/DOUBLEPOST]specifically the error message is as follows:

UNABLE TO PLAY: <FILE NAME>
VIDEO CODEC: MPEG VIDEO VERSION 2 MAIN@HIGH
AUDIO CODEC: AC-3

In an effort to troubleshoot, because i really wanted to relax and watch some TV, I'm reinstalling LAV because that's what I have all my codecs set to, so that is the only thing I can think of to try!

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Looks to me like the problem is related to missing Core CC Parser. Did you enable closed captions without actually having the necessary components installed?

Jeep725

Portal Member
    September 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Strange, no I hadn't done anything with any settings, just powered up and was not able to watch TV.

Jeep725

Portal Member
    September 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Yes, months ago when I first updated to 1.3, I downloaded the core cc parser and followed the instructions in the wiki, but they have actually never worked for me when I try to enable them. I just did some searching and found a thread that the cc parser file has been recently updated, I will download and install this. Never know sometimes what will work, although I had not tried to use the cc today.[DOUBLEPOST=1378960221][/DOUBLEPOST]This is great, 2 problems have now been solved! I used the new CC PARSER file which I found in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/closed-captioning-does-not-appear.120570/, rebooted, windows also had an update to do, started up mediaportal and now TV is working again AND captions are working! Thank you, @mm1352000!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom