Power scheduler does not hibernate computer (1 Viewer)

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: Vista x64
CPU Type: Athlon Dual core 3.0 Ghz
HDD: 2 Tera Bytes
Memory: 3 gigs Corsair
Motherboard:
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 6700 GTS
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1600
1. TV Card Type: Analog\ATSC
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Hauppauge
TV: Philips 1080p
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-HDMI

Hey guys, I love this front-end and I almost have it where I want it, but I can't get it to hibernate for me. I can do a manual hibernation by pushing the power button on my remote, and when I put it into hibernation it will wake up(most of the time) to record TV shows for me, but it will not go back to sleep on its own. I have it set for 20 min. on both TV config and MP config, also I have force shutdown enabled on both options as well. The weird thing is that if I have this activated and I am on the comp. without MP running then it will shut down correctly. Only when I have MP running it will not. I have also tried MP standby helper, and MCE standby tool, and neither have solved the problem. If anyone has any suggestion can you help me out? also, if you need me to post my logs should I turn on my comp, and let it sit at MP for 20 min. and then post the logs? I am just checking so I can give whoever needs them the most accurate logs I can give.

poyntzj

Portal Member
February 22, 2008
My settings

You could try these.
It took me a while to get these working

MST -
The following tabs
Sleep State = S3
USB = Enable S3 resume = yes | Disable Selective USB Suspend = Yes | USBBIOSHACKS = No
Devices = I havfe my Keyboard and mouse only ticked
MediaPortal = Stop on Suspend, always Start on Resume
Reboot = Do not force reboot = Yes
Debug = Create log file = Yes | Standby Delay = 5 sec | Delay before starting ehome = 0 | D3 = MapOSD3ToNV=3 | D4 = MapOSD4toNV3

MediaPortal
Shutdown client after being idle for [30] mins = Yes
Only allow Standby when on home window = Yes
Shutdown mode = [Suspend]

TV Server
General = Shutdown after being ide for [30] mins = yes | Wake upp server for various wakeup events = Yes | Shutdown mode = [Suspend] | allow Standby between [0] and [24]
Advanced = Enabled Extensive logging = Yes | Pre wakeup in seconds [60] | pre no shutdown time [300] | check interval in seconds [60] | Reintialise service on wakeup = Yes
EPG = Prevent standby when grabbing EPG = Yes | Wakeup system for EPg grabbing on [05:00] = Yes

Try it with MediaPortal not running, but the TV Service running. That should make it standby if not, then there is a problem there

You can also add this environment variable DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 and then go into device manger, click on Show Hidden devices. This will now show devices that are no longer even connected to your machine. Anything that is in the light shaded grey, remove, especially USB devices or disks - I did this as well.

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
Ok, so I tried you setup with MST and it still will not hibernate on its own. I enabled extensive logging with Mediaportal TV server, and I found out that after MP went to idle it was still getting user input. I don't know what it could be, but I have 2 logitech wireless controllers, Keyboard mouse combo, D-link wireless card, and a NVidia 8700 GTS hooked on my comp. Do you think it is one of these things that is giving Mediaportal user input? I can post the logs when I get home later today if anyone needs them. I really don't want to try and unplug my Logitech controllers either because then I will have to reconfigure them with all my emulators, so if anyone knows if it is Logitech that is giving user input can you tell me how to make it stop. I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me.

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Atreides,

I had the same problem and tried different things. I think it was finally solved when I configured both mp client and server to use the fixed IP address of my htpc (i. e. 192.168.1.10) instead of the host name (which was "vdr") or something like 127.0.0.1. For the server this is configured via a button called "set IP for streaming" (or similar). For the client it is configured in the "general" section of mp configuration, IIRC. Prerequisite is of course that your htpc has a fixed IP address and is not configured to use dhcp...

HTH,
    BartManson

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Yeah... I have a stand alone system right now, so that isnt going to help me, but thanks for the reply. Here is my TV logs and MP logs. I let is sit for 20 min at 4:11 or around there so you will need to scroll to the bottom to see that. Any help I cant get I would love, this is one of the last things I need MP to do.

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Atreides,

sorry, I think I did not point out in my first post that I have a single seat system, too. Client and server are on the same pc.

Regards,
    BartManson

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Oh! Alright I will check that out then. Thanks a lot.

EDIT:confused:o I found the "Set IP for Streaming" in the TV server config, but I cant find the client one. Is this in the MP config or the TV server config still? or am I just missing something all together. If it is in the MP config where under the general tab is it?

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, I was wrong. It is not in General, it is in Television->TV Client->General Settings Tab. Here you enter the static IP address (in my case: 192.168.1.10) into the "TV-Server"->"Hostname" text field.

HTH,
    BartManson

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks! I was looking for a really long time in MP config and finally gave up. I will try this in a min and let you know how it went.

EDIT Alright so that did not work as well. Here are my TV logs and it is still stating that there is "user input detected" when I haven't touched anything on my comp. Anyone know what it could be?

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Ok, I have made some progress. I have downloaded PVR-scheduler from their site as a "lower" member, so I only have to 1.6.9 version. This version isnt really working with my Vista 64 ultimate edition. They do have 1.7.1 that is suppose to work for Vista but I don't know if this program will work with Schedules Direct. The only good thing to come of this is that Mediaportal goes to sleep on its own. The only problem is it is doing this if I am watching a DVD, playing a game, or watching recorded TV, but not live TV. So I have a problem. The main thing I notice is that pvr has loaded external control II into my plugins. I found out that if I disable this than MP wont shutdown on its own. If I have it on, it will. I have tried many a combination of turning the MP config power scheduler off, and the TV power scheduler off, etc. etc. I also have only shutdown when in homescreen on both MP config and PVR config. here are me logs, I was sitting at myemulators when MP just turned of on it's own because it was done recording. I would love some help on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom