Power scheduler home screen setting ignored/lost (1 Viewer)

lappmarre

Portal Member
November 29, 2007
Using MP 1.2.2 including TV server on a single machine setup. Original PS plugin activated as I don't need other functionality than standby after a few minutes - when on home screen. And this is where MP messes things up. It always works as supposed after installation and for an irregular time - days, weeks or even months.

But all of a sudden, the application starts going asleep from any window - not just the home screen. No settings changed in the server or client config. The very same thing happened to my old install as well as now, with a clean install (reformatted hdd), on the same machine. Running XP32, no other standby issues. It does not go asleep during activity of any kind, it just does not respect the home screen setting any more.

The most odd part of this is that I can restore the system to working state by going into PS settings (client side), unticking the "only allow standby when on home window" box, closing the PS window by hitting ok, going back in, ticking the box again, and hitting ok...in other words, some sort of re-registration of this setting seems to take place and repair the system - for a while, until the problem starts again. Fully repeatable - I've "repaired" the fresh install this way a couple of times already and the old one - well, I lost count...unfortunately I can't remember with which MP version this problem was introduced. I might just be 1.2.x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom