PowerDVD 15 as External Player - Some issues. (1 Viewer)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm looking for some help from someone who's using Cyberlink PowerDVD as the External Blu-ray Player with MovingPictures.

I'm migrating from TotalMedia Theatre, which I've been using for almost 6 years now with MediaPortal/MovingPictures. I recently upgraded my Windows 8.1 HTPC to Windows 10, and TotalMedia Theatre is not only not compatible/supported by Windows 10, it actually causes a BSOD in Windows 10, therefore I had to get rid of it.

I've managed to setup PowerDVD in MovingPictures. When I play a BD ISO, PowerDVD launches and starts the disc. I'm able to play the movie.

However, there's a couple of issues I'm having.

For some reason, it appears that two instances of PowerDVD are launching. I get a full screen windows with a message:

"Warning
Another version of Cyberlink PowerDVD is currently running. You must first close it before launching Cyberlink PowerDVD 15."

The interesting thing is that when I play a movie, this Warning windows appears first, but then it goes in the background and the actual PowerDVD launches which plays the movie. When I stop the movie, this Warning window is still there in the background. I'm not sure why this is happening.

The other issue is, when I stop the BD ISO I'm playing. The blank PowerDVD is still present on the screen. With TMT when I hit Stop, TMT would close & MediaPortal would regain focus. That is not happening with PowerDVD. I have to literally Close *Alt+F4* PowerDVD Windows -- then I have that Warning Windows that I have to hit OK on - and then finally I get my MediaPortal back on the screen.

Will appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom