PowerDVD 6 (1 Viewer)

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Hopefully on my bike.
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm having problems getting perfect DVD playback through MP. I have a flicker across the top 3rd of the screen. It's not very severe but noticeable and varies according to codec but I can't get rid of it.

I do not suffer this when using PowerDVD 6 which came bundled with my drive. Happy(ish) to use an external player (I'd rather not but what works works) but I have 2 questions:

:?: 1. What parameter do I pass into the command line to make it play the DVD automatically?

:?: 2. Is it possible to get rid of PowerDVD via the MCE remote when finished viewing? At the moment I have to use the keyboard or vnc from laptop to stop PowerDVD hogging the desktop.

Thanks
John

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Hopefully on my bike.
Home Country
Brocklander said:
Which version or CVS are you using?
Sorry. Here's my support template

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-02-08 )
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Memory: 894 MB
Motherboard: MS-7093
TV Card Model: -
TV Card Type: -
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Ati Radeon Xpress 200 Series (256 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 800x600
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis:: -

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's likely a problem with that CVS version, the CVS from the 22nd January is still the best for me with regards to Hauppauge recording and DVD playback. If you've got some time on your hands, try some other CVS versions - newer or older can't hurt 8)

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2006
    Hopefully on my bike.
    Home Country
    Brocklander said:
    It's likely a problem with that CVS version, the CVS from the 22nd January is still the best for me with regards to Hauppauge recording and DVD playback. If you've got some time on your hands, try some other CVS versions - newer or older can't hurt 8)
    Had a go with the 22nd Jan without improvement.

I'd be happy to use PowerDVD if I could kill it via the MCE remote when finished with the movie. :x

Will try some of the other cvs versions when I have time to fiddle more to see if I get any improvement on the internal player. :roll:

Cheers

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    sorry to be a pain but is there any reasons you are running Overlay as opposed to VMR9 ? From memory if you have powerdvd setup in the settings of Media portal when you click to start a DVD in my videos it will open up powerdvd and start playing automatically , just gets a little messy with the powerdvd splash screen cause then you can tell its using powerdvd and not media portal, thats why i stopped using powerdvd as an external player

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    maybe it's the thing called "tearing" (search for it in the forum).

You get rid of it if you go to: VMR9 + exclusive DirectX (as far as I remember...)

thanks+regards
    WeWe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom