PowerDVD codec (CLVsd.ax) as stand-alone? (1 Viewer)

MPM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    When installing the SAF, it's according to instructions possible to use the CLVsd.ax file in order to utilize PowerDVD MPEG-2 codec.

Now, is there a way to achieve the same without installing the SAF?

In other words, I don't want to install either PowerDVD application or SAF, but would still like to use the PowerDVD MPEG-2 codec from the CLVsd.ax.

Thanks,
    MPM

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    In other words, I don't want to install either PowerDVD application or SAF, but would still like to use the PowerDVD MPEG-2 codec from the CLVsd.ax.

run "regsvr32 CLVsd.ax" on command line (cmd.exe). That should register the decoder.

lordarcane

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I´m on vista home premium and having the trouble that some codecs dont show up in mediaportal configuration. I have installed Power dvd 7.3, arcsoft tmt and usually, after install they show up in the configurtion and I can select them as h264 codecs. But, not latelly. Will it solve my problem to run regsvr32 manually, is there any other solution to my problem?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hm... well, latest version of PowerDVD9 will not show up in h.264. This is not a bug, but done intentionally by CyberLink. I don't think this is the case for PDVD7, though...

MPM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks tourettes!
    Registering worked, but I'm getting some weird behavior... Switching to PowerDVD codec for TV activates the ActiveMovie bug, i.e. separate window is opened with the TV picture. Using EVR instead of VMR9 is not possible - there is no problem with separate window, but I get only garbage instead of picture... The weird part is that installing full PowerDVD application and then using the codec in MP works just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom