PowerDVD refuses to use DXVA (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can use the DXVAChecker to see if DXVA is used. And another thing: if your TV is 24 frames it is good that the frame rate is reduced to 24 frames. RefreshRateChanger makes sure that your display settings are adjusted to the source material.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My TV is a HD ready JVC LCD LT32S60 (one of the the best at its time, paid way too much for it :) )

When I started with Mediaportal I discovered quite soon that the output resolution and frame rate of the graphics card should match the TV specifications, otherwise much stutter or tearing would take place. Since then I use 720P@50fps as output on my HDMI, My TV can handle 1080i at 30fps but this is so much out of sync with what the cable company delivers, it is much better to have it set on 720P@50FPS.. Video is smoother this way, the littlebit sharpness loss is not much of an issue for the 32" size TV I have. I am not really sure, but HD TV is delivered in 720P@50 fps, so input, output and TV do match perfectly and this results noticeably in smoother playback of live HD-TV.

I have a lot Full HD (blue ray) movies on my harddrive, downscaling to 720P doesnt seem to be much of an issue for my gfx card. But upscaling from a 24FPS (or 24.945) video to 50fps.. May that cause the stuttering I experienced when PDVD was not using DXVA and played at 24fps?

Does refreshrate changer work with my TV connected via HDMI to my GFX card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom