PowerDVD settings in MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

axlt2002

Portal Pro
September 20, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi All,

I'm actually using PowerDVD codecs for liveTV/TV recordings and I have one question about the related settings in MediaPortal.

There are actually two different menus: one accessed through the PowerDVD label under the "Codecs and Render" (screenshot 1) and another one accessed through the settings icon nearby the selected codec under the "TV Codecs" menu (screenshot 2).

Which is the difference between these two settings menu? In addition, through the "second menu" even if I set to use DXVA, the next time that I open it, SW is selected...no way to keep the changes.

Thanks in advance for any help!
setting1.png
setting2.png

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

There are actually two different menus: one accessed through the PowerDVD label under the "Codecs and Render" (screenshot 1) and another one accessed through the settings icon nearby the selected codec under the "TV Codecs" menu (screenshot 2).

Which is the difference between these two settings menu?
    The first menu was added first. It was added to allow control of the PDVD codec settings.

The second "menu" is the codec property page. It was added when the LAV filters became defaults. Purpose was to enable people to control the LAV settings without recreating the LAV settings interface in MP configuration... but it should also work for other codecs.

In addition, through the "second menu" even if I set to use DXVA, the next time that I open it, SW is selected...no way to keep the changes.
    Are you sure the settings are not saved? Maybe the values are simply not loaded when the window is opened...

This second "menu" is part of the codec, not part of MediaPortal. If the settings are not saved when you click "apply" then we can't do anything. That is the behaviour of the PDVD codec.

mm

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thanks for the reply mm!!!

I have used graphstudio to cehck if DXVA is used or not while playing a TV channel, and the answer is positive! ;)

So I think that the second menu (conceived for LAV) is just been dieplayed also for PowerDVD codecs but without any influence on it...do you think this is reasonable?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the reply mm!!!
    Happy to help. :)

I have used graphstudio to cehck if DXVA is used or not while playing a TV channel, and the answer is positive! ;)

So I think that the second menu (conceived for LAV) is just been dieplayed also for PowerDVD codecs but without any influence on it...do you think this is reasonable?
    I think maybe the second menu can control the settings but not display/load them. In other words, if you click "apply" it will save the current settings... but when you load the menu it only shows the default, not the current settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom