powerdvd truetheater and mediaportal (1 Viewer)

montecristo

Portal Pro
May 29, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
in MP videosettings i set the video decoders at powerdvd9.
everything is working when i play a movie in MP but the videoquality is not that good compared to playing the same movie in powerdvd 9.

if i play the same movie in pdvd the videoquality is remarkably better than in mp.
i think it might have something to do with the truetheater settings you have in pdvd which improves the quality.

i've been looking in the post proccesing list in the mp settings but i can't see those truetheater settings or something similar.
is there a way i can have that setting in MP or anything else to get the same quality as in pdvd itself.

montecristo

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I don't think it's possible because truetheather is a feature of the pdvd player, not a feature of the codec.

jasonmorriso

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    same issue here

It isn't just TrueTheater.

I have Hardware Acceleration turned on in PowerDVD, which automatically disables TrueTheater, and I still notice a difference in quality.

I was thinking it might be the colour settings, as I noticed the blacks were more grey than black when playing through MP, and the reds more vibrant in PowerDVD.

I'm doing a search now to see if the colour settings can be fiddled with in MP.

EDIT: Just did a search on the forums, and found a post that helped.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-external-players-55/problems-cyberlink-decoder-evr-52580/

As the other poster, I too have an Nvidia card. I went into the control panel and on the "Video Color Settings" and "Video Image Settings" sections, I changed field 2 (How do you make color/image adjustments?" on both items from "with video player settings" to "with NVIDIA settings"

Made a big difference for me.

If you also have an Nvidia card, you might want to give that a shot. If not... well, maybe ATI has a similar thing.

dthomson39

Portal Member
    January 2, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Turning off rating screen on PDVD9

As there are users of PowerDVD9 posting here has anyone managed to avoid the rating screen appearing after completion of a DVD playback. On my system I can control everthing from my remote until the playback ends and the rating screen appears - the inly way to get rid of it is to close the application down - cannot do that from the remote. The option on the PDVD software that switches off the rating screen does not appear to do anything.
    :confused:

nst6563

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2005
    you can do it via registry.
    just do a search for cyberlink, then look in the keys below it for a Moovieremix (or movieremix) and set to 0.

I'd like to find a way to totally remove that moovielive crap

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom