PowerScheduler++ and SchedulesDirect EPG client

Discussion in 'TV-Server Plugins' started by corporate_gadfly, April 1, 2012.

1. corporate_gadfly

corporate_gadfly Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    I have recently switched from using ForTheRecord to MP TV-Server. I have PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.1 and SchedulesDirectEPG client (SchedulesDirectPlugin-MPSVN27679-svn26).

Schedules Direct EPG client is set with option: Number of days ot guide data to keep: 8
    Last Minute Guide Changes is set to 24 Hours (Default)

Now, I would like to have PowerScheduler++ wake up the machine at 3am in the morning and kick off the SchedulesDirect EPG client. Can I use the PowerScheduler++ EPG tab for that even though my EPG data is not DVB based? Any advice is welcome!

P.S. I am aware of the Force guide to update on next TvService startup option for SchedulesDirect EPG client which I have used to kickstart the guide data once or twice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. michael_t

michael_t Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +813 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    When EPG grabbing is started on the MP TV-Server, it will trigger all installed EPG grabber plugins that are enabled (the built-in ones like the DVB EPG grabber, TV Movie EPG Import, WebEPG and XmlTv and the additionally installed ones).
    I do not know the SchedulesDirectPlugin, but if it is programmed as an EPG grabber plugin, it will be run automatically when the server's EPG grabber function is activated (e.g. by the Powerscheduler EPG schedule). If not you can run the SchedulesDirect plugin every time PowerScheduler is starting EPG grabbing with the PowerScheduler EPG command function (see the PowerScheduler wiki for details).

Michael

• Like Like x 1
  4. corporate_gadfly

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Thx for the response. As it is, my HTPC is used regularly every day, so there is plenty of opportunity for the EPG to run.

I will play around with waking up the system early in the morning to see if it does wake up and kick of SDP.

• Like Like x 1
  5. michael_t

michael_t Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +813 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    No need to do so, since all EPG grabber plugins are triggered every time the EPG grabbing is performed (as set in the EPG section of the TV-Server configuration).

Michael

• Like Like x 1
  6. corporate_gadfly

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Just as a followup, I have jumped ship to WebGrab+Plus (using tvguide.com for grabbing Buffalo OTA Broadcast). Thx for your followup any way.

Cheers.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!