PowerScheduler++ and SchedulesDirect EPG client (1 Viewer)

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
May 17, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have recently switched from using ForTheRecord to MP TV-Server. I have PowerScheduler++ 1.2.2.1 and SchedulesDirectEPG client (SchedulesDirectPlugin-MPSVN27679-svn26).

Schedules Direct EPG client is set with option: Number of days ot guide data to keep: 8
Last Minute Guide Changes is set to 24 Hours (Default)

Now, I would like to have PowerScheduler++ wake up the machine at 3am in the morning and kick off the SchedulesDirect EPG client. Can I use the PowerScheduler++ EPG tab for that even though my EPG data is not DVB based? Any advice is welcome!

P.S. I am aware of the Force guide to update on next TvService startup option for SchedulesDirect EPG client which I have used to kickstart the guide data once or twice.

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
When EPG grabbing is started on the MP TV-Server, it will trigger all installed EPG grabber plugins that are enabled (the built-in ones like the DVB EPG grabber, TV Movie EPG Import, WebEPG and XmlTv and the additionally installed ones).
I do not know the SchedulesDirectPlugin, but if it is programmed as an EPG grabber plugin, it will be run automatically when the server's EPG grabber function is activated (e.g. by the Powerscheduler EPG schedule). If not you can run the SchedulesDirect plugin every time PowerScheduler is starting EPG grabbing with the PowerScheduler EPG command function (see the PowerScheduler wiki for details).

Michael

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
May 17, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
Thx for the response. As it is, my HTPC is used regularly every day, so there is plenty of opportunity for the EPG to run.

I will play around with waking up the system early in the morning to see if it does wake up and kick of SDP.

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
May 17, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
No need to do so, since all EPG grabber plugins are triggered every time the EPG grabbing is performed (as set in the EPG section of the TV-Server configuration).

Michael
Just as a followup, I have jumped ship to WebGrab+Plus (using tvguide.com for grabbing Buffalo OTA Broadcast). Thx for your followup any way.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom