PowerScheduler behaviour at the Home screen (1 Viewer)

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
I've just noticed something odd about the behaviour of PowerScheduler.

Let's say you have PowerScheduler activated and it is set to shutdown the computer within 10 minutes if its left on the home screen.

I now decide to go into My Radio and play a radio station. I return to the home screen once I've selected the radio station and it is playing. The radio continues to play indefinitely, until I press the stop button.

In the same situation, let's say I go into My Music and select some music to play. Once selected and it has started playing, I again return to the home screen. Unlike before though, once 10 minutes is up, PowerScheduler will shut the computer down (or put it to sleep, whatever you have set it to do).

I'm not sure if this also happens with My TV, or My Videos, but is this behaviour by design? Because I find it odd that playing radio on the home screen will disable the shutdown timer, yet playing music doesn't.

Does anyone else have this 'problem'?

Sam
p.s. I'm using MP 0.2 RC4.

Koschel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2005
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've this too and it's known by the developers. Therefore it shouldn't take very long till it's fixed

It's fixed with todays SVN :)

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    That was a very quick response.

MediaPortal PowerSheduler
    On 20/04/2006 [23:16:21] _Bavarian added the following change: fixing shut down during Music play in preview window on home screen

But it doesn't solve the problem for other playing items - now it checks for music and radio, recording tv and radio, but what about playing TV, playing videos and DVDs that are not full screen (unlikely I know, but still...)?

The fixed code is:
    Code:
              if ((g_Player.Playing && g_Player.IsRadio) ||  //are we playing internet radio?
                  (g_Player.Playing && g_Player.IsMusic) ||  // are we playing music? 
                  (Recorder.IsRadio())                   ||  //are we playing analog or digital radio?    
                  (Recorder.IsRecording()) )                 //are we recording something?

Why can't we just check if g_Player.Playing is true?

e.g.
    Code:
              if ((g_Player.Playing) ||  //are we playing anything?
                  (Recorder.IsRadio())                   ||  //are we playing analog or digital radio?    
                  (Recorder.IsRecording()) )                 //are we recording something?

There's probably a reason for this; I just can't work out what it is...

Sam[/code]

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

I agree with samuel337 we should only check if the player is playing something and if so, prevent suspend/hibernation.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom