[confirm] Powerscheduler causes MP to freeze/crash on resume from Standby/hibernation (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Think ive found a possible powerscheduler bug in 1.2RC where resuming from standby/hibernation causes MP client to freeze on home screen/crash altogether.

Ive tried every possible combination of powerscheduler setting on both MP and TVserver configs but im still getting issues. It seems to happen on long term wakeups (where MP wakes up to record a TV show after being asleep for several hours).

To replicate:

Set up a recording to happen in a few hours time (2-3 id say) and either let MP client go to sleep on its own after the alloted time set in MPconfig, or put it to sleep manually in the homescreen. MP will wake up to record the program and TVserver will successfully record the show, but MP client will be frozen on homescreen. The system will then go back into sleep mode after the alloted time if left in homescreen, but once again if woken up either manually or for another recording MP will be frozen in homescreen.

Logs below are for the following Powerscheduler settings:

MP config - Suspend after 5 minutes
TVserver config - Suspend after 7 minutes
Win7 power settings - Never sleep, Never hibernate

MediaPortal Version: MP1.2 RC
MediaPortal Skin: Avalon
Windows Version: Win7 + SP1
CPU Type: AMD AM2 X2 4600+
HDD: 2 x Samsung F1 2Tb
Memory: Corsair 4Gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte nForce 430 Micro ATX
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4670
Sound Card: On board 7.1
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
h.264 Video Codec: DivX7
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
Cooling: Scythe Mini Ninja
Power Supply: Antec 430W
Remote: MCE
TV: Samsung 42" Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI -> HDMI

FlexQ

Portal Pro
July 20, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
It is not only when using the powerscheduler.

The problem is also present when just powering up from hibernation or sleep.

not always, like 1 out of 4 times.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
It is not only when using the powerscheduler.

The problem is also present when just powering up from hibernation or sleep.

not always, like 1 out of 4 times.

Yeah i agree. Have you tried playing around with the suspend times? Maybe making them a bit longer before going into sleep mode.

I updated to 1.2final the other day and thought the problem had gone away, but it did it again this morning after id set up a recording for the middle of last night.

Came down this morning and MP was frozen. Had to restart the PC. :(

FlexQ

Portal Pro
July 20, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
My program faults, and i get a "program has stopped" from windows.

Just got it again.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
My program faults, and i get a "program has stopped" from windows.

Just got it again.

Yes i get this sometimes too. I think the fault behaviour changes depending on how you have your powerscheduler sleep settings in MP client and tvserver config.

Having the sleep time in TVserver longer than client seems to make it act one way, and Tvserver shorter sleep time than client makes it fault in another way.

FlexQ

Portal Pro
July 20, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I am not using the powerscheduler at all.

This is just average use, sleeping and awakening the mediacentre a few times a day.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Aah i see. Have you posted logs in the bugs section?

Incidentally i noticed in my error.log that MP failed to recall the last active module after waking. Maybe this is the cause of our issue?

2011-09-14 07:16:43.725585 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Error recalling last active module - invalid module name '-1'

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Any luck with this? Happened again to me today.

Ive now set MP up on my work machine with the same settings but i dont seem to be able to replicate the error. Perhaps its a PC issue? My MP singleseat at home is a Gigabyte mobo + AMD X2 dual core processor + 4x1Gb Corsair RAM setup, whereas my work PC is a Dell own motherboard + Intel quad core processor.

Maybe its a BIOS issue where the configuration of MP isnt being written to memory properly before going into standby?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom