Powerscheduler does not wake up HTPC (1 Viewer)

Galama

February 4, 2006
Area: Plugins
MP Version: 0.1.3.0
Skin: MCE
Windows Version: Windows XP SP-2
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 2200+, 1.5GHz
Memory: 1GB DDR
Motherboard Chipset: ASUS A7V880 / Via KT880
Video Card: ATI AIW 9000
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 5.13
Video Card Resolution: 800x600
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: Cyberlink Video Decoder (ATI)
Audio Codec Type & Version: Cyberlink Audio Decoder (ATI)
TV Card: DVB-S Twinhan Vision DTV PCI
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: 1.2.2.7 (WHQL)

Synopsis:
I tried to use Powerscheduler to automatically wake-up the PC for recordings, but this does not seem to work with my mainboard. I enabled extensive logging to take a closer look and found that powerscheduler tries to set the alarm, but after re-reading the alarm timer seems always to be set to 01.01.2100.
If I set the timer manually, everything works fine. It just looks like powerscheduler is not able to set the alarm time of my mainboard.
Suspending the PC works fine.

Regards,

Jens

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    You may want to use hibernation instead of standby, because in this state the computer will wake up perfecty without the plug-in having to fiddle with alarms (which I believe depend on the BIOS, so it can work with one computer and not with another).

Galama

February 4, 2006
    Hi,

I tried PVR-Scheduler as well, but it was quite tricky to find the correct values, the issue was that in Windows I got the correct values after setting them, but that did not work after a reboot, so I decided to go with Powerscheduler.

Using Hibernation did not change anything. The PC still would require an alarm to wakeup anyway, so this behaves as expected.

Regards,

Jens

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom