PowerScheduler doesn't wake PC for TV recording (1 Viewer)

David Adamson

September 10, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I also have this problem on Windows 10. Powercfg /waketimers shows a wakeup event but Task scheduler doesn't. PowerScheduler also shows wakeup. However HTPC doesn't wake up! Why can't I get the event into Task scheduler?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For resume issues under Windows 10 I disabled the hibernate option as even though it wasn't setup or actively used Windows would now and again refuse to wake up at all (had to resort to WOL), this was for MCE button wake-ups but is worth a try if you don't use hibernate.
    You can disable hibernate by running the below command in an elevated command prompt:

Code:
    powercfg -h off

As for the not showing up under the Task Sheduler you can also check this folder:

C:\Windows\Tasks

Custom task jobs are automatically put in there and should list those from MePo afaik.

Last edited:

JimmyD

Portal Member
    September 7, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Tucker76, were you able to solve this problem? I am having the same issues, both with PowerScheduler and my Ceton TV card.

Jim

David Adamson

September 10, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    In the end, I was able to solve my problem. The main thing which helped was to change my sleep from S3 to S3+S4. I used the MCE Standby Tool to do that. Thanks for the suggestions above, much appreciated.

phoenix-69

Portal Member
    May 29, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have this problem too after an upgrade from win7 to Win10.
    After scheduling a recording I can see the wakeup events by running the command powercfg /waketimers... but the wakeup doesn't show in the windows Task Scheduler.
    Changing sleep from S3 to S3+S4 didn't help either.

@David Adamson : Do you see the wakeup events now in Windows Task Scheduler? Did you change other things too?

JimmyD

Portal Member
    September 7, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    mm1352000 helped me solve my problem by doing this: tick: "reinitialize TV controller on wakeup" option in the TV Server PowerScheduler plugin. Click "-> Expert Mode" and go to the "advanced" tab.

I still do not see any MP wakeup events in Windows Task Scheduler, but my system does now wake from sleep and records programs. Yea!

Now my system won't go back to sleep. PowerScheduler shows "Standby prevented by: [DRIVER]\FileSystem\srvnet"

phoenix-69

Portal Member
    May 29, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In my case it turned out to be bios setting that was causing the problem...
    The BIOS setting "ACPI HPET TABLE" needs to be set to "ENABLED".
    Seems that since windows 8.1. this is a requirement for wakeup events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom