Powerscheduler problem (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can't get it to work somehow: I get an exception (even if I just call IsConnected)
    Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:31457

In procexp I see the tvservice is listening to port 31456, but when I try to connect to 31456 I get a "The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine".

One other question:
    In merged channels epg-grabbing, are the issues around midnight fixed?

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Have you enabled PowerScheduler in TVServer?
    31457 is the port for PowerScheduler and it uses the HTTP formatter, while 31456 is the port for TvServer and it uses the binary formatter.

In merged channels epg-grabbing, are the issues around midnight fixed?
    IIRC they are.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Have you enabled PowerScheduler in TVServer?
    31457 is the port for PowerScheduler and it uses the HTTP formatter, while 31456 is the port for TvServer and it uses the binary formatter.
    Yes, it's enabled, but Procexp still doesn't see it listening to 31457. Is there any test with which I can verify it running (except from the Isconnected)?

IIRC they are.

Nice!
    After closer inspection I still see an issue:
    On one channel I have grabber1 with times of 05:00-20:00,
    grabber2 with times of 20:00-23:59 and
    grabber2 with times of 0:00-05:00.

After grabbing the show which runs from 23:30-00:20 is in the guide from 23:00-23:59, and the slot from 0:00-0:20 is empty.
    Maybe I can figure what's happening and provide a patch?

Forget that last remark. It's running fine now, with times of 05:00-19:59 and 20:00-04:59.
    Although I'm quite sure that the first time I tried this I got an error stating something like "the end time must be later than the start"

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Forget to forget that last remark :) the epg still isn't working 100%
    With times of 05:00-19:59 and 20:00-04:59. the show starting at 20:00 isn't shown in the guide.

On the bright side: I think I solved the powerscheduler problem. It seems that a tvservice restart is needed after changing some options (or at least after enabling the plugin) to be effective. I think that is something to automate (or give a hint in the tvserver-config)

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    The issue you are referring is not related to merged channels and programs near midnight.

The problem is that at the time the programs that fit into each timeslot of the merged channel are determined, the end time of each program is not known.. So if a program starts before the timeslot start, it is impossible to know if it falls within the timeslot since we do not know when it ends.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The issue you are referring is not related to merged channels and programs near midnight.

The problem is that at the time the programs that fit into each timeslot of the merged channel are determined, the end time of each program is not known.. So if a program starts before the timeslot start, it is impossible to know if it falls within the timeslot since we do not know when it ends.

but if the program starts at 20:00 and the timeslot where it should fit also starts at 20:00 this shouldn't be a problem, right?

However, this seems to go a bit off-topic.

More ontopic:
    It seems that the powerscheduler is doing it's job really fine, the only thing is that (indeed I'm running vista) the webepg-download is correctly started, but after 2 minutes vista shuts down the system. I can more or less live with that, but I noticed that when resuming to record a show, it stays on until the show is ended, and vista doesn't shutdown the system. Do you know why, and is it possible to do the same in the webepg?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom