[Powerscheduler] - Shutdown/StandBy Now function (1 Viewer)

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Started on: 2007-04-19
    last update: 2007-04-19

Summary:
    A function that can be called from within MP to shut down (or StandBy/Hibernate) the PC.

Description:
    The function should be callable from various places (simple Keyboard button, Remote, the Standby/Hibternate/Shutdown key in the home menue) and
    1) stop all currently playing media
    2) check various handlers to set NextWakeUpTime, recordings that are near etc. etc.
    3) respect options that are set in PS itself
    4) send the PC to the set option (shutdown ...)

This would be usefull for people that got a kinda high idle time in situations where the PC just def. won't be needed during the idle time (for example if you leave the house).

A nice expension would be to pass an arguement to the function so it's possible to shutdown/standby [...] in x minutes, this can be done by the "My Alarm" plugin already, tho that1 just goes back to the homescreen.

Kind Regards, Muldini

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes. vote for it :D

In fact the powerscheduler is very close to this behaviour. It is already able to suppress going to standby if there a some blocking tasks. What is missing is that if a standby occurs (i.e. raised by MediaPortal) the wakeup timer is not set.

Bye
    Lars

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    i was wondering could powerscheduler be designed so one of the things that prevents it from going into standby mode is if there is network activity or cpu usage over a set amount? the reason i ask if i dont' watch tv so the server is idle it will go into standby even if i'm saying listening to music or watching a dvd which dont' actually use the tv engine/server, as all my information is stored on the servers hdd

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    From my knowledge this is fixed since a long time.
    If my system went to standby (no matter how this standby was triggered)... it wakes up perfectly at a scheduled time.

bye
    Lars

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mhm but how do i trigger a standby with my remote? I would like to send a key to MP and MP should trigger the standby.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    mhm but how do i trigger a standby with my remote? I would like to send a key to MP and MP should trigger the standby.

You would be far better off posting in remote forum, clearly state which remote\software you are using, ie M$ mce remote\ehome receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom