PowerScheduler unconditionally checks every second (1 Viewer)

rr8

May 12, 2012
Home Country
Congo Congo
I am still having a problem with this on version 1.2.3. I replaced my powerscheduler with the one above and it fixed it. Will this code get implemented in the official version?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    *bump*
    @Oxan: do we have a mantis for this? I'd consider it a prime candidate for MP 1.3b. I don't use PS but I get quite sick of the multi-MB logs that I have to look through which are often full of PS logging.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks tourettes. So for the long log files it seems like all we can do is ask people to disable the extended logging option.
    Marking the thread as "will not fix".

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Thanks tourettes. So for the long log files it seems like all we can do is ask people to disable the extended logging option.

Extended logging should be enabled only for troubleshooting purposes.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Extended logging should be enabled only for troubleshooting purposes.

True, but when running alpha versions it seems desirable to leave extended logging on for everything as you never know what component/plugin might cause an error and so if it turns out to be a PS bug you'd want the verbose log filesfor that but of course if it's something else that you're reporting about it's annoying for people to have to look through the log files. Perhaps it would be possible to have PS log to it's own separate file?

Just an idea but perhaps it would be possible to make a much simpler PS plugin for single-seat users who let Windows control Standby? Just thinking the code might be a lot simpler without the various options the current plugin has. All that might be needed is the "Wakeup server" option from the General tab (although that probably could be hardcoded as I can't see why anyone would want to disable this), all the options from the Advanced tab except Forced Shutdown and maybe the EPG tab but I don't think that's really necessary as the EPG (Freeview) seems to update fine in normal use for me.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We could change the extended logging a bit so that it outputs the same information in about 1/6th of the lines though. I can imagine that would help to reduce the log sizes quite a bit.

A real solution will require to rewrite the PowerScheduler, which is probably a good idea. However, given the enourmous amount of spaghetti-code there currently is and different behaviour of all Windows versions, I bet no one is willing to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom