PowerScheduler won't work (1 Viewer)

pmcguire

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
I tried that it's still the same, I even removed the network cable.

I have the "wakeup server for wakeup events" box checked, should it be?

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i am using pvrs so i don't need tvserver to wakeup my htpc

Back to Topic:

Couldn't it be a failure in MediaPortal RC3? PowerScheduler client plugin isn't loading at all... So it could be one?!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    PowerScheduler client plugin isn't loading at all.

If that happened then TVServer powerscheduler would standby system after its set delay time.

pmcguire, did you try the mce standby tool, as that's good at finding things that may stop standby within its configuration.

If you disable both powerschedulers and stop the TVService (MP config or Services), can you go into standby then, this takes this problem away from Mediaportal, and we then need to look else where.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    server plugin isn't configured on a time... but if, then my htpc goes to sleep after the specified minutes (but also if Music is running) ;) <- not that good

pmcguire:
    try disabling your usb ports for resuming from standby (guess it's your optical mouse)

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    still the same

this is the error.log:

Unable to start plugin:MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerSchedulerClientPlugin exception:confused:ystem.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Der Channel http wurde bereits registriert.
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannelInternal(IChannel chnl, Boolean ensureSecurity)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(IChannel chnl, Boolean ensureSecurity)
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerScheduler.OnResume()
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerScheduler.Start()
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerSchedulerClientPlugin.Start()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()

what's the deal with "Channel http is already registered"?

please... can someone help me?! just need a hint...

SuppersReady

Portal Member
    November 29, 2008
    near Hanover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Onkel Chris: I had the same error message yesterday and figured out an interference between the power scheduler client plugin and another plugin. Try disabling the other MP process plugins step by step.

In my case disabling "External Control II" (sp?) plugin solved the problem.

Regards..

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    k.. treid disabling the pvrs "external controller plugin II"... but now, this is shown in the error.log:

2008-12-09 17:00:24.250000 [ERROR][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin:MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerSchedulerClientPlugin exception:confused:ystem.Net.WebException: Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werden, da der Zielcomputer die Verbindung verweigerte 127.0.0.1:31457
    bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
    bei System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
    --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---

Server stack trace:
    bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpClientTransportSink.ProcessAndSend(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders headers, Stream inputStream)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    bei TvEngine.PowerScheduler.Interfaces.IPowerController.RegisterRemote(String standbyHandlerURI, String wakeupHandlerURI)
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerScheduler.OnResume()
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerScheduler.Start()
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerSchedulerClientPlugin.Start()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()

crazy stuff... everything like firewall, antivir-software or similar is disabled/not installed... also the testHTPC is a singleseat one... the server is using "IP instead of name" <- the problem?

my configuration changed a little bit, so I do need the powerscheduler. PVRS is not so important for handling standby, it's installed to handle records. unfortunately the server always shutsdown, when I am listening to music, watching movies or else on the client. LiveTV works great on the client without sending the server to Standby.

Is there something to tell the TV-Server that somebody is busy with listening Music or watching Pictures/Movies?!

i am going to try "Disasters" Patches... Will report whats going on with this...

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    so... now i it works... was a bit of trying with the pvr-s plugins... my config now:

PowerScheduler Server-Plugin by "disaster123"
    PowerScheduler Client-Plugin original
    PVR-S Server Plugin for handling records (also the XMLTV-Update)

but i'm sorry... made it while i was working... so i can't really figure out what exactly disturbed the PowerScheduler... but i think it's only the external controller plugin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom