Powerscheduler++ (1 Viewer)

swicksey

January 16, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
I installed powerscheduler++ and since doing so when I press the power button on the remote it puts my computer into sleep mode (I think it was just hibernating before). I can't turn it back on with the remote and need to physically press the button on the computer to wake it back up (and then it says resuming windows) where as before it would just take a moment to turn back on.

Also, with powerscheduler++, can I press the power button whilst TV is recording without turning the computer off? I want it to recognise that I want the PC to power down once the recording is finished.

Any help would be great, thanks.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It seems to be the other way around - if you now see a resuming screen when turning the PC on, you are coming back from hibernation. Sleep mode does not show this.

All in all, just check your windows settings, as PS++ honors these (unless you set it to force sleep).

For the 2nd q: If you press power while a recording is going on the pc will go into "away" mode (screen is off, sound is off). It will continue running until there is nothing to do anymore and then the time out you configured will start (so if you say go to sleep when idle for 5 minutes it will sleep in 5 minutes). The big advantage is, that an accidental power button press will not interrupt your recordings anymore.

swicksey

January 16, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks mbuzina,

I put the PS++ setting back to plug'n'play and it stopped going into hibernate mode, so I must have had a box ticked somewhere. The next problem is that PS++ seems to hang MP now, and the remote won't work, or the mouse/keyboard upon awakening. Since uninstalling PS++ this problem has gone, I can't see the benefit of using PS++ over the stock one for the moment so I'll stick with that.

Cheers.

trickymundo

January 4, 2013
    Stafford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm having very similar problems to swicksey.

My system is a Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 fully up to date BIOS, with Intel E7400 processor, Windows XP fully patched, Hauppauge NovaT500 TV card. PC was totally unresponsive, especially after TV option was taken, even Ctrl-Alt-Del didn't work. Maybe hindered by the 'always on top' setting?

Had to uninstall powersheduler++, any logs or other info I can add to this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom