PowerSheduler don´t hibernate or suspend pc any longer...? (1 Viewer)

pshdo

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Holbaek, Denmark
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
Windows Version: XP Pro Dk, + SP2
CPU Type: AMD XP-M 2400 @ 2200 Passive cooler
HDD: 250Gb Maxtor SATA
Memory: 512Mb Kingston
Motherboard: MSI KT880 Delta-FSR
Motherboard Chipset: VIA KT880/VT8237
Motherboard Bios: AMI 7047v20
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9600
Video Card Driver: Catalyst v6.12
Sound Card: Soundblaster Live!
Sound Card AC3: optical
Sound Card Driver: Kx driver 5.10.0.3537
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR150
1. TV Card Type: analog
2. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-t 500
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T Dual
2. TV Card Driver: 33c
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Canal Digital Denmark

Hi there.....
I have a little PowerSheduler problem on my own.... and i think it is now better to ask you what i can do about it before i completely give up......

The powerSheduler have been working fine for me, no problem....

Then yesterday, is suddenly didn´t suspend the PC any longer.....
It is going to the Windosw picture that say preparing to suspend, and then it stop responding.... This happen both if i try hibernate and suspend.....

When i try the windows functions manually thoug, then there is no problem with suspend and hibernate..... it all works fine......

I have looked at the log, and i can´t see any reason for this......

Can you ??
Or can you perhaps give me some dirrection as what to look at......

-----

MP.log see my next post in this thread.... ;)

-----

I will be really happy with a little help on this issue....... :)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Please attach MediaPortal.log to your post (don't past it into your post ;) ), maybe something else will tell whats going on.

Regards
    Roy

pshdo

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Holbaek, Denmark
    Hi there....
    I have just tried latest SVN without any luck......

MediaPortal-svn--01-15-2007--01-02-Rev12633

But i´m not even shure what is causing the problem......

The only thing i know is that the computer can both hybernate and suspend if i manually "ask" it to from the Start->shut down in windows...... And even while MP is running minimized......

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Can you try to disable forced shutdown (MP Setup -> Plugins -> PowerScheduler & configuration)?

Regards
    Roy

pshdo

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Holbaek, Denmark
    Thanks for your answer....

Can you try to disable forced shutdown (MP Setup -> Plugins -> PowerScheduler & configuration)?

Yes i can try that, but i enabled it becource i got the problem, it looked like the right thing to do at the time.....

I´ll be back later with the result.....

pshdo

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Holbaek, Denmark
    Hi again....

Ok, so i was actually working to find a solution to my problem before, and now it works again....:confused:
    What i did, was to uninstall MP, and remove the folder, and then re-install MP again with this SVN that i know is working:
    MediaPortal-svn--01-07-2007--09-03-Rev12541

And now it works again.....

I know that this is not the bedst solution, as i don´t help the team this way, so pleace tell me what i can try to help out......

Should i try the newest SVN again, or should i try something else to see if t can get the problem again.... ??

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    If you test with latest just do this, rename old folder to MediaPortal_Working ;) , make a new folder with the name MediaPortal & copy from the old to this one, apply latest SVN & disable the forced shutdown & enable in MP Setup -> General -> Log Level (down on the page) to debug & test, upload your log after that if it fails. After that rename (when MediaPortal it's not running) the MediaPortal to something else & restore the old folder again & you should be able to have a working MP (I hope ;) )

Your previous log stopped suddenly & didn't show what caused it to fail, maybe this method will tell......

Regards
    Roy

pshdo

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Holbaek, Denmark
    Hi there.

Thanks for your answer.....
    - i´ll try that out later.....

I offcource didn´t test the system 100% yesterday before i stated that it was working..... :(

In fact it is working, if only i havent used the PVR-150 TV-tuner, if i have made a recording on that one first (as i did), then it still will not hybernate or suspend....

I have not tried the Nova-500t as it was late yesterday before i discovered that there still was problems....

I read on some MP PowerSheduler wiki page something about an option to force shutdown of tv-tuners, and i think that perhaps can be a solution, but i don´t know, as i can´t find that option in MediaPortal.... (And now offcource i can´t even find the wiki page any longer....)

EDIT -->
    Ok i found it, it is this one:
    It is recommended to enable 'Disable TV cards before shutdown', this will allow more stable operation
    <-- EDIT END

But perhaps i´m on to something, as after i did a reset of the system, and then didn´t enter the MyTV, then the system shut down just fine......

I´ll be back later with some results (i´m at work right now.....;) and therefore i can´t do anything right now...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom