[confirm] Premier Sport channel issues (1 Viewer)

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
October 11, 2009
Home Country
England England
I've got a very weird problem with this channel on Astra 28.2° 11680V SR27500 2/3, i just subscribed too.

It works fine on my other satellite receivers. Also other DVB playing software.

All the other channels on this transponder work fine. but premier sports starts briefly for upto 5 seconds then stops, same with recordings. but it is fine in the preview window in setuptv.exe

The log I've attached shows a clean tv server setup with clean DB in debug mode, I've only scanned the relevant transponder, I start on sy-fi on this transponder than switch to premier sport which doesn't play then proceed to other channels here then back to premier sport.

Can anyone spot what going on here to stop this channel working.

MediaPortal Version:1.2.0 beta with custome data grabber
MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass 2.7.0
Windows Version: windows 7 x64
CPU Type: Intel Q8300 2.5ghz
HDD: Samsung 500gb system and storage, Segate pipline 320gb timeshift and storage, WD EADS 2TB record
Memory: 2x 1gb Corsair DDR2 667 PC5300
Motherboard: Gigabyte P43-ES3G
Video Card: ASUS 240GT
Video Card Driver: 258.96
Sound Card: Nvidia HDMI audio Realtek Hd audio
Sound Card AC3: AC3filter or MPA over HDMI
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5964 / HDMI audio driver 1.0.15.0
2. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-HD-S2
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
2. TV Card Driver: 2.126.28225.0 (13/08/2010)
3. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-HD-S2
3. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
3. TV Card Driver: 2.126.28225.0 (13/08/2010)
4. TV Card: Technotrend TT S2-3200
4. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
4. TV Card Driver: 5.0.3.5 (09.08.10)
MPEG2 Video Codec: arcsoft
MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
h.264 Video Codec: Arcsoft
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 28.2°E on 1 card a Diseqc switch with 19.2°E,13°E,1°W
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC20
Cooling: Arctic cooling Frezer 7 Pro
Power Supply: Corsair HX520
Remote: Happague MCE remote
TV: Pioneer LX5090 (British version)
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI>Dennon AVR 1910>HDMI

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Ragnarok666

Looks like a client side TsReader issue to me, but I can't be 100% sure since you're using M***I. Can you upload a sample recording (max 50MB) to our FTP server? Login details at the bottom of this page. Make sure you follow the naming pattern please.

mm

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Uploading a sample TS file now.

after a bit of investigation myself I have to say this is bizarre.

This channel does not time-shift ether( though the time shift buffer TS file is perfectly playable outside media portal).
    When it is in the recodings database within the recorded tv secion of media Portal it plays a few 4-5 seconds tops. in other players capable of playing TS files and accessed by My videos instead of recorded TV it plays fine all 56seconds.

I was expecting suspect this would have the exact same symptoms in my video's but it doesn't. I think TSreader is used for all TS files in mediaportal.

Let me know if you need anything else.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My first impression was that it is related to the audio stream. I've just arrived at work but I'll try and take a look at the sample this evening...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Well, I have absolutely no issues whatsoever playing the sample either from the video section or the recorded TV section. I *strongly* suspect this to be a codec issue. I suggest you try using the "Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder" codec instead of "MPC - MPA Decoder Filter" codec for MPEG audio.

mm

[Edit: note that I use AC3Filter 1.63b for MPEG audio.]

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi again

Well, I have absolutely no issues whatsoever playing the sample either from the video section or the recorded TV section. I *strongly* suspect this to be a codec issue. I suggest you try using the "Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder" codec instead of "MPC - MPA Decoder Filter" codec for MPEG audio.

mm

[Edit: note that I use AC3Filter 1.63b for MPEG audio.]

If it where a codec issue, why on earth does it playback fine elsewhere with the same codecs.

Tried a whole bunch of audio codec's, including AC3filter 1.63 and MS audio, disabling reclock, nothing is working for time shifting

Head scratching time.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The evidence is contradictory which makes it hard for me to figure out from a distance. On the one hand you said that preview always works. Recording also appears to work fine. That means that TsWriter is probably okay. The fact that preview works means that a codec configuration that will play the stream exists in your system, but remember that preview doesn't use the codecs you choose in MediaPortal configuration (it uses the codecs with the highest merit in the system). I'm 70% sure that preview uses TsReader like playing in MP does - I'll have to check that when I get home - and if I'm right, then the only difference between preview and playing in MP seems to be the codecs...

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

I've confirmed that preview uses TsReader just like MediaPortal...
    What you could do is start preview, and then use GraphStudio to connect to the remote graph (file->connect to remote graph...->[select graph]->click okay) and see what codecs are being used. Compare that with the codecs that are being used when you try to view the channel in MP (screenshots would be useful - use ctrl+f12).

Note: to get connect to remote graphs in Vista/7 you need to register proppage.dll using regsvr32. I've attached the DLL for you.

mm

Attachments

• proppage for win7 x86 and x64.zip
      317.3 KB

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi again

I've confirmed that preview uses TsReader just like MediaPortal...
    What you could do is start preview, and then use GraphStudio to connect to the remote graph (file->connect to remote graph...->[select graph]->click okay) and see what codecs are being used. Compare that with the codecs that are being used when you try to view the channel in MP (screenshots would be useful - use ctrl+f12).

Note: to get connect to remote graphs in Vista/7 you need to register proppage.dll using regsvr32. I've attached the DLL for you.

mm

My temporary measure is to edit them with video redo and it plays perfectly, then over write the orginal Ts file in the recording directory, Then it plays the recording no problems.

The really weird thing is it seems the PES stream is a bit wonkey, as ts remuxers, time remaining counter is all over the shop, on this 2 hour recording, he keeps flicking beween 0, 1: and a bit hours and 7 and a bit hours remaining on the ts remuser time code.

Remuxsing with tsmuxer makes the recoding plays but it's constantly skipping.

Bizzare.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So perhaps the sample I checked wasn't long enough to exhibit problems? Either way, without access to the actual signal I can't be sure whether the PES in the original stream is bad or whether something is going wrong in the decryption. Since you're using MDAPI we can't provide any further support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom